Hobby Lobby already has all of their Christmas ornaments in - I need self control!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG you guys so I went to Hobby Lobby last night (it's like a massive arts and crafts store but the sell tons of things for around the house/decor/etc...you name it they have it!)

Anyways, so most of you know that I am obsessed with Christmas ornaments and decorating- I just love, it soo much- it literally makes me giddy
Anways so when I went there last night to buy some things for my niece's school project (last night we made an animal cell and a plant cell
) I had to detour over into the Christmas section....I instantly had butterflies
It was great!

I did have some self control while I was there- I only bought one
They had all their ornaments on sale and I just happened upon the most aroable little glass santa clause dressed up like a police officer -it's sooo cute!
I got it for DH (he's a motorcycle cop) and i'm thinking about giving it to him a little before Christmas so he can have his own special ornament on the tree or putting it in his stocking

Anyways so all i've been thinking about today is going back there and going shopping (You have to keep in mind that in this area- all of the stores like Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge sell out of their ornaments usually in the first few weeks of Sep-Oct!) Garden Ridge restocks once after that and Hobby Lobby usually will too -but sometimes they don't restock the same things so it's hard to find them again. Ummm yea, someone tell me not to go

My sister Kimmy is NOT helping the situation at all
She reminded me that last year I didn't have enough for my new tree (my mom bought me a big tree last year for my Christmas present- I had been using a little 4' before that). So technically, I do need to go shopping for more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I can't help with self control, I also love Christmas ornaments. I make a lot myself, I have no self control.
They had the little wooden ones that you can paint too while I was there....I thought about going back and getting some so I maybe make dinner one night and invite my family over to paint some in time for Christmas.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have younger people in your family it would be great to invite them over , (and their parents of course as ur all family) crack out the wine and cherryaide and get painting , gives you somthing unique to put on the tree..

Also if you can save money by buying them now you will feel less guilty.. get decent ones to last for longer ,

See i have no self control as such , but i try to jusitify my actions when i dont have the control lol!
Jess x

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

If you have younger people in your family it would be great to invite them over , (and their parents of course as ur all family) crack out the wine and cherryaide and get painting , gives you somthing unique to put on the tree..

Also if you can save money by buying them now you will feel less guilty.. get decent ones to last for longer ,

See i have no self control as such , but i try to jusitify my actions when i dont have the control lol!
Jess x
Thanks Jess- that's exactly what I was thinking! They only put them on sale during cerain times so i'd rather go ahead and get a few now while they're less expensive if I can. I'm going to ask DH when he gets off work if he minds me picking up a few tomorrow.

Some of my favorite ornaments that I have are the ones I remember making with my mom and my sister kimmy when we were younger. They were little painted glass ones and I just love them- they're so special
I was thinking about having the whole family over for dinner one night and then having a little "paint party" afterwards - i think it would so fun!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our Hobby Lobby has had the christmas decorations out for TWO months now and it has been beautiful!! I have been probably 15-20 times in the last two months just to see the decorations.

Its my very favorite holiday ever. I feel all sentimental just seeing the decorations.
Dont forget that everything in the store will be 50% off Nikki at least once a month and they always have a coupon on their web site for anything you need right now and cant wait for the 50% off.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Our Hobby Lobby has had the christmas decorations out for TWO months now and it has been beautiful!! I have been probably 15-20 times in the last two months just to see the decorations.

Its my very favorite holiday ever. I feel all sentimental just seeing the decorations.
Dont forget that everything in the store will be 50% off Nikki at least once a month and they always have a coupon on their web site for anything you need right now and cant wait for the 50% off.
I haven't forgotten
That's why I didn't buy more than one ornament while I was there
Right now it's 40% off but i'm waiting for that extra 10% if I can hold out Pam

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, no! You sound like me with autumn/Halloween decorations! I'm not much for Christmas stuff, but this time of year? My entire house is autumn-y/Halloween-y... right down to the hand soap in the bathroom

I say go for it. It makes you happy

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really even thought about Christmas yet. DH and I have no decorating stuff at all, and I'm not even sure I want to bother with a tree - I guess it depends on him.
We may decorate outside

You know the thing I hate about Hobby Lobby sales? The fliers can be right up at the register, but some cashiers don't bother to honor the sales. With jewelry making supplies, those sells really help ($9 wire at 50% is nice).

If you need help curbing your spending, go look around the IMO section. Talk of people being over materialistic and buying things they don't need may put you in the mood not to shop.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I haven't really even thought about Christmas yet. DH and I have no decorating stuff at all, and I'm not even sure I want to bother with a tree - I guess it depends on him.
We may decorate outside

You know the thing I hate about Hobby Lobby sales? The fliers can be right up at the register, but some cashiers don't bother to honor the sales. With jewelry making supplies, those sells really help ($9 wire at 50% is nice).

If you need help curbing your spending, go look around the IMO section. Talk of people being over materialistic and buying things they don't need may put you in the mood not to shop.
Our Hobby Lobby isn't like that at all- the staff there are wonderful!

I don't really need help curbing spending (I just bought one ornament while I was there...I went origionally to get some supplies for my niece's school project), just was a little excited about the Christmas selections is all!
That time of year is very special to me on many different levels...and there's nothing I enjoy much more than having all of my family over to decorate the house up with.

I always check with my DH before I go out and buy anything though- we work as a team when it comes to our money and always keep each other in check...we only spend extra $ if we've met all of our bills and savings for the month. Just wanted to go back and pick up a few things while they're on sale before they're gone is all!

As far as IMO opinion goes, a lot of those threads get downright hateful at rude times and I really just don't like checking them out very often for that reason. This post wasn't about being materialisitc....just a little bit of holiday excitement is all

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just love a Hobby Lobby? I worked for one in Kansas City, and it was so much fun. They didn't care how much fun you had as long as the work got done. We also go another 15% off even sale prices. One of my duties was displays, and we did all the Christmas trees, one per department, then on Christmas eve, they sold ornaments and all at 50-60% off. We just put bags over them and the customers came out with a pre decorated tree.
The Autumn and Halloween stuff was the most fun, though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geesh, you would be forlorn if you were me then..I can't even have a tree with little miss "tree climbing ruin everything" Trout around.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Geesh, you would be forlorn if you were me then..I can't even have a tree with little miss "tree climbing ruin everything" Trout around.
Natalie try having Fosters around! A hyperactive,clumsy 70lb Australian Shepherd and a pretty Christmas tree do not mix well!
Last year I bolted the tree to the wall, and wired every single decoration to the tree
Isabella also claimed a few of my ornaments....thankfully they were wired on well! I always thought it would be Kojak to be the mischevious one and get into the tree....but it was the most quiet of my cats, Isabella

Fosters though, he's another story- before I got my big tree as my gift from my mom, I had a 4" tree and he constantly knocked it over because he'd rip and run through the house playing
If you put one up .....bolt it to the wall!

Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Don't you just love a Hobby Lobby? I worked for one in Kansas City, and it was so much fun. They didn't care how much fun you had as long as the work got done. We also go another 15% off even sale prices. One of my duties was displays, and we did all the Christmas trees, one per department, then on Christmas eve, they sold ornaments and all at 50-60% off. We just put bags over them and the customers came out with a pre decorated tree.
The Autumn and Halloween stuff was the most fun, though.
Oh wow i'd be in heaven working there!!!:cloudnine: Colin has banned me from working at the following stores because he says I will spend my entire paycheck there :Lush, Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge, Hallmark and Bed Bath & Beyond.
He's right
Guess if I ever go back to working I'll have to go back to being a vet tech full time lol! Then the only thing he'll have to worry over is me bringing home every sick, 3 legged, one eyed thing that walks through the door
(I'm not working right now until we get the stuff going on with my heart sorted out -and we're also planning to try for a family soon, so right now i'm taking care of the house and just planning!)

Originally Posted by Oci-lot

christmas!!!!!!
Ohh I know! I can't wait!!! I talked to my sister tonight about my idea to get some little ornaments and have the family over to paint them and they're all game so far
I can't wait!

I think closer to Christmas I'll fix a big dinner then have everyone (including my aunt and nanny if they can make it) over to paint ornaments! I love doing stuff like that with my family

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There isn't a Hobby Lobby anywhere around here.

Of course, that has not stopped me from buying ornaments. There's a great nursery/gift store nearby that has a huge sidewalk sale. They had two 8 packs of ornaments that fit in perfectly with my tree, and they were only $2 apiece. What could I do?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some of them have had them out for a couple of weeks here now, but when i passed one of our large department stores yesterday and this morning they were starting to hang their decorations up and dress their christmas trees

The large tree is definitely going up in my house this year! * Please Jack, be a good boy for mummy and don't touch it!! *

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

The large tree is definitely going up in my house this year! * Please Jack, be a good boy for mummy and don't touch it!! *
I just know I'll be picking my tree up a thousand times a day
And I'm quite sure that sweet little Ana will be leading the way

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Good Luck with that

I have given up. The first year was horrible, then two years ago I tried again, not so good

But you can still decorate and have all kinds of Christmas around the home, without a tree, if you have to.