My other pets :)

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Besides my 3 kitties... Butters, Zelda and Kissa - I have:

Bella - Purebred AKC Dachshund who is expecting her first litter in November!

Roxy - Purebred & spayed pit bull!

Bella and Roxy together! (best of friends)

Mouse who is a ferret

Basker - Bearded Dragon

Sparkles - box turtle

Little bit - box turtle

Big boy - Spur Thigh Tortoise

Castle - Another spur thigh tort

Rock - Another spur thigh tort

Malcomn - Leopard Tortoise

6 water turtles with no names besides the littlest - Squirt.

Tons of baby toads

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cute pictures, but I question your purebred doxie - type is not right and colors are not right. Looks like a doxie/beagle/basset cross to me. What is she bred to?

Where did you get Belle?

This is the written standards of AKC on doxies

http://www.akc.org/breeds/dachshund/
She is Red/Piebald. Very much pure bred, with a long blood-line. Registered through AKC. She is not mixed. I realize that a lot of people are used to the usual red/chocolates solid colors but there are different "types" such as Brindles, Dapples, or Double Dapples and Piebalds... etc...

Bella is:
Color: Red S 140
Markings: Piebald A 025
http://www.akc.org/breeds/dachshund/color_markings.cfm

She meets all the AKC requirements as being a pure bred Dachshund, and again - she is registered with a full blood-line/background.

No worries - We get this a lot because most people are only familiar with the common colors. I got Bella from a breeder.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow what a big beautiful family you have. They all look well cared for and loved

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe its not a regular normal color, but the type still does NOT look like a doxie and I've seen plenty of them (show and pets).

Did you get her from a registered breeder? Or thru a pet shop. I'm curious if from a breeder, what kennel (pm me if you want).

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Maybe its not a regular normal color, but the type still does NOT look like a doxie and I've seen plenty of them (show and pets).

Did you get her from a registered breeder? Or thru a pet shop. I'm curious if from a breeder, what kennel (pm me if you want).
I got her from a breeder. I'll pm you.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a happy family! I love that pic of Roxy and Bella. Too cute!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In your other thread "cats vs dogs" it looks like there is another dog. Maybe another dachund? Am I seing things? Your pit bull looks like a real sweetie pie. Your dachund is really pretty.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohmigosh. What a gorgeous dachshund! (My very favorite kind of dog.) I see a few piebalds when I run in Central Park. Love them!!! So beautiful!

I love the picture of Roxy and Bella together. So adorable!!!

mew03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a sweet bunch! Just love Roxy; and I swear it looks like Sparkles is smiling......obviously showing how happy he/she is!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I really know how lucky I am, they ( my family ) are my world. and how funny... Never really noticed that Sparkles was smiling, hilarious! That's a caption this photo!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

In your other thread "cats vs dogs" it looks like there is another dog. Maybe another dachund? Am I seing things? Your pit bull looks like a real sweetie pie. Your dachund is really pretty.
Yep - That there is my moms Dachshund I bought her. I held on to him for a few days to socialize him with my dogs and make sure he had all his shots before handing him over to my mom. She has an older dog and I wanted to make sure the puppy got to know some boundaries before heading over and upsetting my moms who is a little more aggressive! Plus, I was not sure if I wanted to hand him over... really, He was such a good dog!

Our Pit bull is just the meanest thing! LOL JK. She is a lover
I wish I had pics of Bella sleeping on her, it's the cutest. I have tried... but, each time I go to take the pic they hear my FLASH pop open and they come running ( hams )

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been a cat person for as long as I can remember,and had a doxie as a child.I had the opportunity last summer to get a long coat dapple little boy named Otter and he has stolen the hearts of all my cats and us as well.We got him at 8 weeks old,so he and many of my kitties were close to the same size.He fit right in,they snuggle together,sleep together,play and terrorize each other.It's a riot to watch...when he thinks they're too rough on him,he turns his butt so they can swat it instead of his face!He's a beautiful red boy with black on his ears and a light frosting down his tail.I was at a dog fest over the weekend and they had a doxie dash.One couple had a mini piebald entered...she was a reddish brown and cream.My fella has a brother ( named Winston) who is mostly white and has blue eyes.Doxies are like cats in that they come in different sizes and colors,and they're all wonderful!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are really only TWO standard sizes - Mini and Reg.
And yes, they all come in different colors - Color and pattern does not make the breed.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have had dachunds ,and although now i believe its a purebread
but it does look kinda crossed lol

Jess x

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My thoughts too, she is very much lacking breed type (and no, I am not talking about her color). Does she have any titles or health testing? Does the sire?
Btw, I
all the herps! Oh aren't they so so cute.