Question of the Day - September 30th!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite kinds of candy?

For me it's Reese's pieces, twizzlers, and pretty much chocolate of any kind!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, My name is weldrwomn and I am a chocoholic.

I like anything with chocolate. Dark chocolate combined with mint is my fav candy combination.

I also like candy corns and circus peanuts.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also a chocoholic and I have a new favorite! But I can't remember what it is called but I know what the bag looks like! It is from Nestle and is a chocolate with caramel.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really expensive milk chocolate truffles, chocolate covered caramels, and chocolate over peanut butter fudge or nougat.

Mmmm, fancy chocolates.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Store candy - probably 3 Musketeers and those Peppermint Patties.

I also LOVEEEEEE the truffles from Costco. I've tasted other truffles, but I don't really like them - Costco's are addicting

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I like reeses but Im not a huge chocolate or candy fan. I like to eat reeses with a glass of milk.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love gobstoppers, the chewy kind and the chewy sweet tarts. YUM! skittles are good, too.
For chocolate I like Lindt (Thanks Karen) I find myself occasionally buying the candy bars with the coconut and white chocolate and the milk chocolate and the mint. I also like Godiva and 5th Avenues. Walmart also carries their own brand of tiny peanut butter cups, I get Jim to ocassionally pick up, they are really good. Toblerone is delcious, there is this imported Belgium chocolate I really like, but I cant think of the name of it and Im sure there are others, too.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go thru spells of eating just one kind of candy for weeks at a time. At the moment it's peanut M&Ms, next it will probably be chocolate covered nuts. Love Baby Ruth bars, Paydays, Snickers, Symphony w/toffee & nuts.

Excuse me, I'm heading for the pantry.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread!!!

My favorites are
: Tolberlone bars (love them!), Milky Way's (milk chocolate, not dark!), Reeses Peanut Butter Stix (but I like the cups too), Lindt milk chocolate
OMG Lindt
My absolute favorite though are without a doubt, Skor bars
Target also has a huge section of chocolates with fillers inside of them - I love the ones with coconut and the ones with caramel on the inside
I'm also a freak for good chocolate covered cherries!

As far as locally made candy goes, there's a shop called Dinsthuls that's all over the Memphis area that has the most amazing sweet treats!!!
They have the most amazing southern candies ever! My absolute favorite is their Cashew Crunch- it's my drug of choice
http://www.dinstuhls.com/browse.cfm/2,62.html

As far as non-choclate goes- my very favorite is Coconut Long Boys...but alas I can't find them anywhre locally
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/long-boys.htm I might just have to break down and order some online

I also love Now & Laters (does anyone remember these???? OMG i love them, especially the cherry ones
If i'm lucky I can find them on occassion around town!), Cherry Starburst (see a trend?
), Orange Slices, Salt Water Taffy (except black licorice-yuck!), Twizzlers (cherry of course!),

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chocolate. Not the stuff in the racks at the supermarket checkout. Anything European, or that is made to those standards. Lindt is a good example, and anything in that league. The darker the better, but in the really good quality stuff, that's actually less important.

BTW, I see my SS recipient in this thread and have taken notes. I think I know something you will enjoy.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

For chocolate I like Lindt (Thanks Karen) I find myself occasionally buying the candy bars with the coconut and white chocolate and the milk chocolate and the mint.
I am not a huge coconut fan, but love the Lindt white chocolate and coconut.

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

BTW, I see my SS recipient in this thread and have taken notes. I think I know something you will enjoy.
THAT'S A HINT!!!!!!! Start marking your spreadsheets.

For grocery store chocolate, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

I love Green & Black's Milk chocolate, Lindt Milk, White and Stracciatella Truffles. I love Lindt Fioretto Cappuccino truffes, but those have been impossible to find. I don't like fruit filled chocolates.

Susan sent me a bar of milk chocolate from Marks & Spencer that was fantastic.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a chocoholic as well! I love all chocolate. I guess my favorites are Lindt chocolates, Reese's Pieces and Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Way Dark, Toblerone (the milk chocolate ones) and Skors. Mmmm, I love Skors

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dove milk chocolate truffles. It's sort of a blessing that they're only available at Easter time....I'd be as big as a barn if they were available all year long!