Hi everyone! We are all here!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So our move went nice and smoothly i think, had a fair bit of stress with the kitties
Its been a hard two weeks so far.
The kitties arrived in Australia on the 18th, Kaylee coped pretty badly until i arrived at the quarantine station, she had lost a lot of weight and was depressed. She is pretty angry at me but is much better this week.
Teufel just seems to love other cats and he loves people so he adjusted just fine.
Got a big bomb shell when the quarantine sent me the invoice, turns out i have to pay much more than expected because of certain paperwork being approved when they were incorrect
But it is okay!

I can't say i have been happy. I have been missing Germany. I cant get anywhere with transport and didn't realize how bad it was. So tomorrow i am off to pick up and inquire about my license and hopefully i will be driving by February next year.
Everything is so large over here, i am really looking forward to renting, we have already looked at a few houses but they didn't really suit us. Just finished my resume and hoping that someone will hire me soon

I can't believe how much experience i gained in the last two years.

Hope everyone is well!!

Greetings from Australia

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad the kitties are okay and so are you , new places are always quite daunting but im sure it will turn out okay!
Jess x

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well glad that everyone made it safe and sound!!

How long do the cats have to be in quarantine yet??

Good luck on the house hunting and job search. And getting a drivers license.

Lots of new stuff for you to experience. How's the weather??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Fran i thought you knew Australia well with living there before?
Where i used to live was more into the city i had bus transport, trains and my parents. But if you live in Frankfurt trams run every 10 minutes, had trains going every 7 minutes and a range of busses i also lived a one minute walk

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you got there safe and sound! And, don't worry about Kaylee. She will probably be fine now that she's seen her mama and knows you're still there. Relocating like that is VERY stressful. When I moved, I felt like Alice after falling through the rabbit hole and nothing was as it should be. It just takes time to readjust and get familiar with everything.

Good luck with finding a job and getting you license. Being able to get out and explore will help alot. Glad to have you back!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran i'm glad you and the kitties made it there safely

many vibes headed your way while you try a get a job and other things sorted out!