Autumn In Ontario Picture Perfect...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought everyone would enjoy seeing what my neck of the Woods looks like this time of year..Some of these Pictures were taken at my sisters house and a couple were taken along the fitness trail that runs along the edge of Georgian Bay which is about 2 blocks from where I live.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how beautiful! We had nothing until the rain this weekend and that seemed to jump start things for fall. Now, the vine that is such a brilliant red, is that poison oak or virginia creeper or what? Right now, that is really the only thing that is vibrant, although a few of the trees have started to turn over the weekend. But those vines REALLY stand out. Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, how beautiful! We had nothing until the rain this weekend and that seemed to jump start things for fall. Now, the vine that is such a brilliant red, is that poison oak or virginia creeper or what? Right now, that is really the only thing that is vibrant, although a few of the trees have started to turn over the weekend. But those vines REALLY stand out. Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Actually the red leaves at ground level are Wild Blackberry bushes. The other red vines are branches from a sumac tree they sort of spread all over the place like ivy if they don't get enough sunlight..They have these huge clusters of buds on them that are even a deeper red then the leaves...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank you! What beautiful sights! That magical blend of vivid green into vibrant red that only growing things can produce... I believe that's my favorite color.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful!
What part of Georgian Bay is the fitness trail? I've never heard of it so I'll have to look it up. Rob has a cottage near Honey Harbour.

I was at the cottage (Haliburton) two weekends ago, but the leaves hadn't changed yet.