Cats vs Dogs

darkmoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, and I apologize for bugging you guys already with a question. I am currently taking a survey of as many people as I can so I was wondering if you guys could help some

The question is: On a scale from 1-10 how much do you like cats as a pose to dogs
(1 being I hate dogs and love cats, 5 being I love them both the same, and 10 being I love dogs and hate cats) (You can pick in between )

I know the sample for the survey is biased, but I'm doing this on neutral and dog forums too. All your help is much MUCH appreciated.

Its a pleasure to meet all of you

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say '4'. I love dogs also but I love cats a little bit more, mostly because they're so low maintanance, and also because they're such "characters" and keep me entertained all the time.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say 3. I don't hate dogs by any means. I just don't feel the same way about them as I do cats.

BTW - I think you are showing your bias by choosing "love cats" to be the lower end of the scale!
Just playin' witcha!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a 3. There are many things I don't like about dogs but I don't hate the species. I have two dogs that I love very much, but there have been plenty of times when I wished they were cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys very much for the input thus far! I really appreciate the time you guys take.

Hehehe Mschauer! You got me! LOL JK, sorry I it wasn't my intention to but kitties on the bottom half, it really doesn't mean much. Remember lower numbers doesn't really mean something bad, would you rather have 1 scrape on your knee or 10??? See lower numbers aren't always bad.LOL. Hehehe I like that little smily!

Anyone else? Plz & Ty

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say 5. I have 6 cats and 4 dogs and I love both species for different reasons. I love cats for their independence and low maintance, and because when they want attention, it's somehow more special. But, I love dogs BECAUSE of their total devotion and loyalty and need to please. Plus, they actually bring the ball back while playing fetch (my cats have yet to learn this
) Of course, with me if it has 4 legs, a tail and furry I'm in love!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say 3 for dogs.
I love dogs also but not as much as cats.
I never even had a cat until I was 11 but always had dogs.
The cats have never caused as much damage as the dogs did.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... This is changing for me.

Two years ago-ish, would have been 8 (like dogs) and 2 (like cats), now it's probably settled about 6 / 4.

Though, like calico2222, give me anything small, furry, cute, or just plain old alive and I'm in love!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

This means you hate cats? (according to the scoring system...)
How did I miss that? I love all animals. Since I don't hate cats by any means, 1 for cats and 9 for dogs. This is slightly slanted since dogs are my favorite animal on earth. A dog has slept in my bed through childhood and my adult life. They are my favorite companions and best friends.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know thats a tough question!

Before I got Kitty a year and a half ago, the answer would have been maybe an 8.

Now its probably a 3. We hope to get a dog someday, but cats have now got a firm hold on my heart

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 or 2 for me. It's not that I hate dogs, in fact I love all animals, but I adore cats and always have. I like dogs, but I would never own one, even though by Bobcats are dog like because they do bark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone! All the posts are really helping a bunch. Just remember though, you aren't rating dogs and cats, you are rating yourself, placing yourself on the scale from 1-10 (1 basically catlover, 5 both cat and doglover, and 10 doglover.) I hope I didn't confuse anyone with the wording of the initial question though.

Thanks! Anyone else would like to contribute?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have the connection with dogs as I do with cats. I love all animals. I just don't want to own a dog.

I would say 1-2 for dogs.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say 1...if 0 was an option I'd have picked that.
It's not that I dislike dogs I just would never want one.

This all stems from my fear of dogs...a German Shepard tried to eat my leg off with I was 5 years old.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of a cat purring in your ear.