From concern to instigator (video)

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in two days this kitten went from the only one left without fully opened eyes. had one open at about 20% for a week straight. So, based on some great advice i got here, it popped open with a little help yesterday. Between then and this evening he's turned into the play fight instigator. he's the smallest of the litter but you sure can't tell by his attitude.

No sense in sound so I just deleted the sound track. Saved file size.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noticed he was getting his butt licked - literally!

I love this stage in kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's turning into such a sweet kitten. I'm going to start naming them this week since they're starting to show their personalites a lot more.

The little black one is a lover not a fighter. he was so cute the other day. I was changing the layout of the box a little so the kittens couldn't climb out as easily. This meant cutting the cardboard which makes a lot of noise. The little black one reared up and hissed at me in this pathetic little cute way. I laughed.It still kind of sucks because the only kitten I can pick up that doesn't immediately cry is that tabby. He just wants to explore. The rest I have to stroke their back and calm them down a little before they relax.

They sure are great kittens.

The white ones now have faint stripes on top of their heads going back. I wonder what that means

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Look at the squirming collection of cuteness!!!!

I can see what you mean that the pointed kittens are bigger. Wow!!

It looked to me like that little tabby was being squished!

Stripes on the head.. and looking like stripes on the tails... means lynx or tabby pointed kittens.

EDIT: went to your blog - Adilah noticed mitts... and I think I see socks/boots on the pointed babies. They are gonna be knockouts!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah even the white part of their fur isn't white. it's off white. I personally think they're going to be cream colored tabbys now. But i'm purely guessing.

as a side note. what's the difference between mitts and socks? Front and back? ALL of the kittens hate white feet. Even the dark ones. Front and back.

Addibee on the blog you commented about how much bigger the whities are. I'm glad you could see it. Here's a question I have. There are two large kittens and ALL of the rest are smaller. The white ones still bigger than the blackie or the tabbies. But is it normal for kittens to differ so much in size? I mean one of the tabbies is one and a half times bigger than the other.

I think Adilah has extremely good experience here. She's helped me a butt load with these kittens.

Adillah should I fedex one to you?

EDIT: I took pics of 3 of the white ones to show you how different they are. One of them looks tabby but the others look more like tonks like you mentioned earlier.

This is the one that looks to me like a cream tabby

This one is lit up by the flash more than it should be. his whole face is getting dark. especially around the nose.

Full size of each one. HUGE pics
Full Size 1
Full size 2
Full size 3

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

yeah even the white part of their fur isn't white. it's off white. I personally think they're going to be cream colored tabbys now. But i'm purely guessing.

as a side note. what's the difference between mitts and socks? Front and back? ALL of the kittens hate white feet. Even the dark ones. Front and back.
I presume you mean have not hate? mittens = white covering the toesies and a little bit more (think Ragdolls) also known as gloves.

Addibee on the blog you commented about how much bigger the whities are. I'm glad you could see it. Here's a question I have. There are two large kittens and ALL of the rest are smaller. The white ones still bigger than the blackie or the tabbies. But is it normal for kittens to differ so much in size? I mean one of the tabbies is one and a half times bigger than the other.
It is fairly normal for a cat to have one huge baby and one runt. What not normal (really) it that they all survived! And in this case where it's more or less confirmed that there's two fathers...the white kitts daddy probably got to momcat before the other daddy!

I think Adilah has extremely good experience here. She's helped me a butt load with these kittens.

Adilah should I fedex one to you?
No thank you, but, I do think you should keep one of the mink tabbies (probably Lucky) and show him in cat shows! He would do very well I think!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I presume you mean have not hate? mittens = white covering the toesies and a little bit more (think Ragdolls) also known as gloves.
LOL yes Have

It is fairly normal for a cat to have one huge baby and one runt. What not normal (really) it that they all survived! And in this case where it's more or less confirmed that there's two fathers...the white kitts daddy probably got to momcat before the other daddy!
Oh, well that's interesting. I knew it wasn't unusual for one kitten to not make it, but I didn't know it was rare for them to all survive. It still chills me to think that I almost let him go that day.

No thank you, but, I do think you should keep one of the mink tabbies (probably Lucky) and show him in cat shows! He would do very well I think!
Mink. At this point it's really hard to tell which one will come out looking the best. I wish I knew. The rescue group wants me to give them names and send pics so they can start finding homes before it gets close to weaning time.

P.S. How could anyone not love this face?

Full Size

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For ze naming of kittehs I would suggest zat you take individual pictures of each one and let us name them - with the exceptions of the ones you have already named like Lucky!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what? that's a really good idea. I think i'll make a thread tomorrow with pics of all of them and let people decide. Hmm.> I should make a custom web page so people can submit, and vote on sumissions. Or am I over-thinking this?

Here's a good one of the sole black one. Love his white markings

Full Size

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RE: your question about mitts, socks, boots, gloves... ugh.. makes me think of winter (I'm in Michigan!) I'm not that well versed, but from what I understand it has to do with how far up the white part goes on the legs. up to the ankle is mittens, I think. Socks a little farther... and boots quite a ways up the leg. I think one of them had mitties in the front and boots in the back... but I'm not sure. Either way, they are really, really cute. And I think all of them (cream colored ones) are going to have some kind of tabby points... they're just not showing up at the same rate. I see hints of the tabby M on all their faces.

Keep posting pics!! We
'em!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL yes Have

Oh, well that's interesting. I knew it wasn't unusual for one kitten to not make it, but I didn't know it was rare for them to all survive. It still chills me to think that I almost let him go that day.

Mink. At this point it's really hard to tell which one will come out looking the best. I wish I knew. The rescue group wants me to give them names and send pics so they can start finding homes before it gets close to weaning time.

P.S. How could anyone not love this face?

Full Size
Oh yes... this lil guy has mitties and boots!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know what? that's a really good idea. I think i'll make a thread tomorrow with pics of all of them and let people decide. Hmm.> I should make a custom web page so people can submit, and vote on submissions. Or am I over-thinking this?
Corrected your typo there sorry

Definitely over thinking - but put it in your blog as well