*****KatKwery! - Sep 28 - Final 3 days!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a look at the standings. Three days to go and still all kinds of possibilities! Laureen227 musta just needed the 700 points, she used sent/d. Cocoa Cream kept hold of fourth place by using before and Yam102284 stayed right with her by using look. And the impossible has happened, GoldyCat won for the 9th straight time and took over the final spot in the playoffs by using matter. Will she be able to hold on? Nobody used paid before using other words.

Today's KatKwiz was about Social Groups.

I admit it, I had not noticed Social Groups before today, had you? Now that you know, are you going to join some in progress or start your own? What kinds of interesting groups would you like to join or start? Do you ever pay much attention to member's profiles? What are you going to do with all those points if you win them?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I admit it, I had not noticed Social Groups before today, had you? Now that you know, are you going to join some in progress or start your own? What kinds of interesting groups would you like to join or start? Do you ever pay much attention to member's profiles? What are you going to do with all those points if you win them?
Thank you

I had known about social groups before and I'm actually a part of one. I think I was looking through posts and found someone that was from New England and they had made a New England Friends social group. I joined it so I could hopefully make some new friends in the New England area that have the same interests as me. Actually, the member who started the group lives in the same town as my fiance's parents. I don't really pay attention to other member's profiles that much. If I see someone's post that intrigues me, I might click on their profile to read more or to see if they have posted anything else.

I really don't know what I'll do with all the points if I win them. I think I would probably gives presents to people and also donate some to other members if they need some!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the points, Lee! It's fun to be back in play again!

I don't know that I'd ever seen anything about social groups on TCS before. I've clicked on different people's avatars to view their profiles, but apparently none of them belonged to any other groups at the time. This certainly was a little known area (and still is) to me!

I probably will not be joining any groups on here anytime soon, as I am already spending more time on the internet than I probably should be. I've tried to cut down on the amount of time I spend on forums and blogging and such, and I want to keep it that way. Joining yet another group would make that really difficult, and I would feel bad not participating if I did join one and then decide I didn't have time for it!

I don't look at member's profiles very often, but I do occasionally. Usually it's because a post they made interested me and made me want to know more about the person behind the post. I like to read blogs and look at people's websites sometimes, so I have looked for those on people's profiles at times.

I have no idea what I'd do with the points if I won the championship. I guess I'd most likely end up giving them away in random acts of kindness as I have done previously. I don't play in the arcade, and I'm not a paying member with lots of options for personalizing my username and all that...therefore, I don't have a whole lot of extra uses for points anyway. I'm just here for the fun of it!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I admit it, I had not noticed Social Groups before today, had you? I had never noticed the Social Groups either. I know now if you click on the avatar is lists the groups you are in. If you are not in a group, there is nothing to indicate these even exist! I clicked on your avatar, Lee, and it didn't even show the option for looking at the groups. But when I clicked on Yam's avatar, I was able to see what group she belongs to and to see the list.

Now that you know, are you going to join some in progress or start your own? I just started a group for California friends. The other groups there already do not apply to me.

What kinds of interesting groups would you like to join or start? I haven't really thought about it. Maybe a book group or a Survivor group.

Do you ever pay much attention to member's profiles? I don't pay that much attention to the profiles. I may check them on occasion if I know what other topics they posted in.

What are you going to do with all those points if you win them? I don't know what I will do with the points. Probably donate some for other contests, like KatKwery and buy gifts for people.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

Take a look at the standings. Three days to go and still all kinds of possibilities! Laureen227 musta just needed the 700 points, she used sent/d. Cocoa Cream kept hold of fourth place by using before and Yam102284 stayed right with her by using look. And the impossible has happened, GoldyCat won for the 9th straight time and took over the final spot in the playoffs by using matter. Will she be able to hold on?
Thanks, I think.

I did see the Social Groups when I was checking out my own public profile. I can't seem to find it when I go to edit profile.
I clicked on the link to join groups just out of curiosity and found that there is one for Arizona Friends. That group has only one member, I assume the person who initiated the group. I almost joined at that time except I wasn't sure how much time I would have to devote to another thread. I'm still thinking about it and will most likely sign up soon. None of the other groups apply to me.

I hadn't considered starting a new group, but if I did it would probably be for aspiring writers or maybe gardeners. Other members might have to carry the load, though. I have far too many interests, hobbies, and jobs, and don't have time to add much more to my schedule.

I rarely look at other members' profiles. Occasionally I want to see where someone is located. Too bad the profile doesn't give any more information than what shows up in the box with the user names.

I'm barely prepared for the first round. Haven't thought ahead to actually winning anything.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, I'm not here to play the Kwery today, I just wanted to comment on today's subject! I noticed the Social Groups a while ago and always wondered what they were. When I finally checked them out, I was tempted to start a genealogy group since I know there are a couple of us on here.

Maybe one day.

Anyway. That's all I had to say
Mark it on the calendars.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i had checked them out - someone posted a thread about them, which is why. i didn't feel it necessary to start a new one, tho - & i didn't really 'fit' in any of the current ones... so i haven't joined any. i'd think an interesting group would be if there was one related to another interest [other than cats] but i don't really know how many people on TCS would be interested in the same things i am. another idea would be localized groups - i wonder if that would make meet-ups easier to organize? i i usually only visit profiles for specific reasons - to copy the username because i'm giving a gift, to add a user as a friend, etc.
still haven't decided what i would do with the prize if i won. i probably won't win, anyway - so it doesn't really matter what kind of plans [or lack thereof] i have!