Cats that LIKE water... ROLL around in WATER BOWL!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New kitten 'Storm'... long story short if you dont know the history from past threads, I obtained him from my parents who found him outside, in a storm.

I am always having to mop up his water dish and everything is wet & he is always wet...

He LOOOOVES to get IN his waterbowl and play in the water

This goes opposite everything I know about cats... LOL!

I've even relaxed in our soakertub while he's been in our room, we have a master bath in our room... he hops in... on purpose... then I get him out... he hops in.... I get him out... 'repeat'

*sigh* & from the masterbedroom to the masterbath there IS no door, so while in quarentine... lol, there wasnt much I could do

He has since escaped our room 'again' & has full run of our house ( we were not going to do introductions until later... he was just neutered on Friday... but this 'horribly happy to just BE' Kitten ) wanted to be out... Things are going 'better' than expected in the house... it must be because he's a kitten I'm guessing... When my cats see a cat out side the house... they practically tear the glass apart

Anyway... The water thing... is he WEIRD? 'Storm' appropriately named... dark... destructive & ..... wet.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Rebby loved to play in the water! Only problem was he was a long haired cat and that got messy and smelly. The worst was when he would play in the water and immediately go use the litter box! He also tended to play more in the water when he was stressed or when he got sick, it was a stress reliever for him I guess.

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aileen06

...The worst was when he would play in the water and immediately go use the litter box!...
A wet kitty in clumping litter ... I can see that would be messy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

all I can say is.... POST PHOTOS!
Will do
LOL! My new camera is on its way, I'm currently w/o camera. The photos I posted of him before where with my parents camera, they've since taken it back

That got me in gear to get mine on order REAL quick...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dave_L

A wet kitty in clumping litter ... I can see that would be messy.

Indeed. & he DOES like to LAY in the litterbox & PLAY with litter covered POOPIES in the litterbox

Thank goodness I use sterilite bins & they stay IN the box... when he was IN my room & he was using a little litterpan, before I got him using a sterilite bin... I'd find him batting them across the bathroom floor