TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › my first tattoo...picture!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my first tattoo...picture!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 


This was my first tattoo its only 5 hours old!! I Love it! The four leaf clover symbolizes faith love happiness and luck. The cherry Blossoms symbolize life and change.
post #2 of 21
I love it

I am having one done soon , in about 18 months probably..

these are the designs i have in mind

3 stars with my brothers name mum and dad looking like this Ashely mum dad

or winnie the pooh as thats my childhood favourite thing and i still love it now!! and when i later have children their names will look good there.
Jess x
post #3 of 21
Nice! Ouch, lol. I need mine re-colored, its a howling wolf surounded by a tribal design. used to be quite an eye catcher, now its all just sort of blue. Its on my shoulder.
And now Im going to yell at you! 5 hours old, WHY is it not still covered up, and WHY do you not have cream on it??? Its a wound at this point, and you dont want it to scab up! Mine was done in two stages, first the wolf, then the tribal, the black scabbed up something terrible and itched like mad. Do not scratch it, as it will itch as it heals, smack it. Doesnt feel as good as a nice scratch would, but takes down the itch a little. ( I accidentally scratched off a chunk of the tribal, pure reflex to scratch it, it is a flesh colored spot in the design, whoops!)
For the other poster who wants Whinne the Pooh (a favorite character of mine as well) think very carefully about that, I have seen people spend huge amounts of money to cover tats of cartoon characters that seemed like a good idea at the time. Though I do want Snoopy doing his "happy dance" on my ankle. lol.
post #4 of 21
Nice, good, clean lines, solid color. My dh is a tattoo artist, so always look at that kind of stuff.
post #5 of 21
That is adorable
post #6 of 21
Have you heard Jimmy Buffett's song about a tattoo?

"A permanent reminder of a temporary passion."
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Thanks Guys I love it, and it symbolizes a time in my life that I never want to forget! The tattoo artist said to cover it at night and leave it open as much as possible during the day, Unless I was doing something that would get it dirty. The place I had it done at offers free touch ups for life!
post #8 of 21
Nice tatt

I'm hoping to get my 6th soon - a tribute to my RB baby Monte.
post #9 of 21
Your first, congrats. What is in mind for the next? Can anyone really just have one?
post #10 of 21
I want a tatoo too
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
Your first, congrats. What is in mind for the next? Can anyone really just have one?
My mom thought she could only have one ... and now has 11!
post #12 of 21
Looks good......
post #13 of 21
That looks really nice

I'm a bit strange for my age apparently...I have 7 tattoos at the tender age of 22! Had my first one done on my back when I was 17, it's two dolphins circling round a heart.
post #14 of 21
Very pretty, and I really like that you chose something with such a lovely symbolic meaning for you!
post #15 of 21
lovely Brandi!...
don´t hurt you the needles?......I´m a chicken for that!......
post #16 of 21
very neat
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillcat View Post
Nice! Ouch, lol. I need mine re-colored, its a howling wolf surounded by a tribal design. used to be quite an eye catcher, now its all just sort of blue. Its on my shoulder.
And now Im going to yell at you! 5 hours old, WHY is it not still covered up, and WHY do you not have cream on it??? Its a wound at this point, and you dont want it to scab up! Mine was done in two stages, first the wolf, then the tribal, the black scabbed up something terrible and itched like mad. Do not scratch it, as it will itch as it heals, smack it. Doesnt feel as good as a nice scratch would, but takes down the itch a little. ( I accidentally scratched off a chunk of the tribal, pure reflex to scratch it, it is a flesh colored spot in the design, whoops!)
For the other poster who wants Whinne the Pooh (a favorite character of mine as well) think very carefully about that, I have seen people spend huge amounts of money to cover tats of cartoon characters that seemed like a good idea at the time. Though I do want Snoopy doing his "happy dance" on my ankle. lol.
She should NOT have it covered after 5 hours. you are only supposed to keep a tattoo covered for the first hour or so after it is finished. It needs air. she should have A & D ointment on it though. and another thing, tattoos are SUPPOSED to scab up, just like any other wound that bleeds, it needs to scab to heal properly, however, you do have to be careful not to scratch it when it starts to itch, itching is normal with a healing tattoo. i kno several tattoo artists & just about everyone i kno has tattoos & all have scabbed up. The artist who did mine told me to uncover it after an hour. Mine itched like mad when it was healing but i was very careful to not scratch it, bcause i didnt wanna rip a scab off & rip out the color. i scratched around it & while i wasnt scratching the part that actually itched, it helped relieve the itch by scratching around the tattoo.

BTW the tat is very nice! I have a shamrock on the left side of my lower back with double tribal lines, & in between the lines is purple swirlies!
post #18 of 21
Very nice!!
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
thanks Guys! Its starting to itch like crazy, Im doing good about scratching though. No you cant have just one...I have my next two picked out though they will be coming later I have a couple of things to take care of this month before I can get the next couple I want...

This picture is small and I want it in color but this is what will go down my right leg starting just under my knee all the way to my ankle.


This one will be on my back but in black and white and in the center of my shoulder blades as a tribute to my Dad!

This is the way I want it set up but I want it to have the face of the lion in the picture above this one.

I want a lion because my Dad always gave me a lion every year. He loved lions he had a ring with the head of a lion on it and diamonds for eyes. He could quickly become a lion when it involved protecting me and my brother. Whenever I see a lion I cry and think of him!
post #20 of 21
If it itches, you can pat it gently with clean fingers. Plain, white Lubriderm works well in keeping it moist and not itchy. I have about 40% coverage, and have never required any touchup. I have a big tribal with flowers done in 1991 that looks almost as good as my newer ones. I also have a 10 year old jester from my ankle to my knee that looks brand new.
I know every artist has their own method of healing, but this is what has worked well for me.
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
lovely Brandi!...
don´t hurt you the needles?......I´m a chicken for that!......
It hurt some but wasn't too bad after I got used to it! It is something I will be doing again, very soon!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › my first tattoo...picture!