it look's as though my little Glamorous, has been in a fight! :(

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, my partner bought Glamorous in, & she's got a cut on her top lip! & there's a chip on the end of one of her front teeth.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww

Is there no way you can keep your cats inside in order to protect them from getting hurt? She could pick up infections, fleas, mites etc from other cats and pass them along to the others.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Is there no way you can keep your cats inside in order to protect them from getting hurt? She could pick up infections, fleas, mites etc from other cats and pass them along to the others.
that's the problems you have when their outside cats and that's when i'm pleased mine are indoors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

that's the problems you have when their outside cats and that's when i'm pleased mine are indoors.
Originally Posted by tab

poor baby! i hope she's ok.
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

For Glamorous, lets hope she gets better soon!
thank's everyone! she's alot better now, am starting to think now though, as i don't think she was even in a fight.

sorry aswel, ever since i was a kid i've alway's had outdoor cat's, so i don't see it fair to keep them inside. a couple of month's back, i kept the cat's in for a whole month to see what it would be like for them, i noticed several change's in their behaviour & mood's:

- they would hiss at each other
- constantly go up to the window's/door's
- they'd just be grouchy toward's myself aswel

my girl's loveee the freedom they get, & they've never caught any nasty infection's either. i think because of the way i've been bought up, i see it mean to keep cat's inside, although i can see why most people do.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

i think because of the way i've been bought up, i see it mean to keep cat's inside, although i can see why most people do.
I grew up with outdoor cats with my parents, and not one survived an old age because of being hit by cars, so that's when i changed my outlook on it

A month isn't really all that long either. Even introducing a new kitten in the home with resident cats can take longer than a month to adapt.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What with cars and all it doesn't make sense for an urban or suburban cat to be outside. I had a roomate once who let his cat outside, but we lived right on the edge of a large city park full of mice and birds and all sorts shrubberies to explore, so he had no reason to go near the streets. But, mostly, I'd say keep your cats inside unless you live way out in the country, and even then be vigilant about shots and bring them in at night.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

i see it mean to keep cat's inside
I don't agree with keeping cats indoors all the time either, but I also don't want them roaming the neighbourhood. So I take mine out under supervision and when I move they'll be getting a secure enclosure so they can go in and out as they please but still be kept safe.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

Poor thing, hope she is ok. What do you think happened?
i don't know, but i'm happy to say that, she's all better now!

j fred muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have a couple of reasons why i keep our cats in. we had another cat, his name was abe, bless his little heart, he got aids and feline lequimea
from some skankey cat, it was a long and difficult illiness, expensive too
we vowed then not to let that happen, again, we also have fox and bobcats
and hawks around here. my boys are 10 and healthy, they have never been out,

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by j fred muggs

i have a couple of reasons why i keep our cats in. we had another cat, his name was abe, bless his little heart, he got aids and feline lequimea
from some skankey cat, it was a long and difficult illiness, expensive too
we vowed then not to let that happen, again, we also have fox and bobcats
and hawks around here. my boys are 10 and healthy, they have never been out,
i can see why you'd keep your's in then!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so glad glamorous is ok now.

it is such a difficult subject as to whether cats are indoor only or not. my tabitha has always had the choice to go out but she is always in at night. since getting the boys they stay in and only have supervised access to the garden.

the important thing here is that your precious baby is ok!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i'm so glad glamorous is ok now.

it is such a difficult subject as to whether cats are indoor only or not. my tabitha has always had the choice to go out but she is always in at night. since getting the boys they stay in and only have supervised access to the garden.

the important thing here is that your precious baby is ok!
yeh, that's very true!