*****KatKwery! - Sep 26*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think only playing on weekdays was good, because so far everybody can play. I have not yet heard from luvmycat1, but I cannot believe she will not be playing. What that means is this: There are five days left. Monaxlisa must win all five games while catkiki does nothing to make the top eight. GoldyCat must pass monaxlisa and hope somebody drops out. The position for third and fourth is going down to the wire as are the positions five through eight.

GoldyCat was the first to use want. Marianjela used notice while Cocoa Cream used time. Late in the game, BelongsToEvie came along and snapped up one of the two remaining words, reason. And prepare was not used. Remember, unlike now, during the playoffs, it does not matter if you are early or late to answer, everybody is trying to use all ten of the secret words and they all remain open for all twenty hours of the game.

Today's question was on Cat Care.

A lot of people here only do the forums and never see the articles we have; are you one of them? Did some of you remember seeing this cat but just could not remember where? How about the other articles under Cat Care; have you read most or all of them? Have you ever done anything differently as a result of reading something here on TCS? When we have dare questions on KatKwiz, would you dare to wait and try to win extra points?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
A lot of people here only do the forums and never see the articles we have; are you one of them?
I have to admit I spend a lot more time in the forums than I do on the rest of the site. I have actually browsed through most of the other areas, especially Cat Care and Cat Behavior.

Did some of you remember seeing this cat but just could not remember where?
Absolutely. I even mentioned that in my first post in the KatKwiz. It was making me nuts.
(And don't say I didn't have far to go. I already knew that.)

How about the other articles under Cat Care; have you read most or all of them?
Not all of them. Mostly I pick out the ones that are related to issues that I'm having with my cats, or some that simply looked interesting.

Have you ever done anything differently as a result of reading something here on TCS?
Yes, of course. Let me count the ways.
1. Switched to grain-free dry food.
2. Changed the proportions of wet/dry food. I had been feeding mostly dry and using the wet food only as a treat. I am now doing about half and half. I can't feed only wet food because of my schedule. The poor kitties would have several days a week when they would be without food for 14-16 hours at a time.
3. Added another litter box. I also tried using a different litter, or several different litters, but ended up going back to what I had originally.
4. Replaced the soft plush blanket in the kittens' basket with a pillowcase. Their little claws don't get caught in the tight weave.

When we have dare questions on KatKwiz, would you dare to wait and try to win extra points?
Probably only if it were within one or two minutes of the exact time. My gambling instincts take me just so far and no further.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people here only do the forums and never see the articles we have; are you one of them? I do about half and half. I usually look for the articles on a specific topic, though.

Did some of you remember seeing this cat but just could not remember where? Actually, I thought I had, but I don't think I really did.

How about the other articles under Cat Care; have you read most or all of them? I have read a few of them, but not most or all. I adopted a feral cat so I read one of them on that, and we had litterbox issues, so I looked at that one too.

Have you ever done anything differently as a result of reading something here on TCS? I learned a LOT about pregnant cat and kitten care here. I also never knew about not squirting cats with water. I thought that was an acceptable practice. Who knew?

When we have dare questions on KatKwiz, would you dare to wait and try to win extra points? This is the first time I ever saw a dare question. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to wait, especially if it was waiting 20 minutes.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people here only do the forums and never see the articles we have; are you one of them? I have seen some of the articles, but with my schedule at work, I haven't had much time to read them. It is all I can do to post a couple of times here.

Did some of you remember seeing this cat but just could not remember where? I have never seen that cat before today. I will probably read the article this weekend as I have a three day weekend. I am taking a personal day off Monday to get some things I have been putting off done.

How about the other articles under Cat Care; have you read most or all of them? I have read a couple of the articles. When I have a question regarding something my girls are doing that I have never seen before, I try to see if there is something posted.

Have you ever done anything differently as a result of reading something here on TCS? Basically I have done just what the article suggested, even before reading the article.

When we have dare questions on KatKwiz, would you dare to wait and try to win extra points? I rarely even see the question let alone have a chance to answer. If the KatKwiz is posted before I leave for work, and I have the time, I try to find the answer. One time I actually did find the answer and waited to post it at a dare time. I got the extra points that time
But like I said, I very rarely have the chance to answer.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

GoldyCat was the first to use want. Marianjela used notice while Cocoa Cream used time. Late in the game, BelongsToEvie came along and snapped up one of the two remaining words, reason. And prepare was not used. Remember, unlike now, during the playoffs, it does not matter if you are early or late to answer, everybody is trying to use all ten of the secret words and they all remain open for all twenty hours of the game.

Today's question was on Cat Care.

A lot of people here only do the forums and never see the articles we have; are you one of them? Did some of you remember seeing this cat but just could not remember where? How about the other articles under Cat Care; have you read most or all of them? Have you ever done anything differently as a result of reading something here on TCS? When we have dare questions on KatKwiz, would you dare to wait and try to win extra points?
Congratulations to all who won!
And thanks Persi & Alley!

I don't normally do two in a day, but being so close to the playoffs, I figure I better not miss any more than necessary! And since I won't be home hardly at all all weekend, I made sure to come on now for this!

But I have kittens demanding attention, husband demanding dinner, chores demanding being done... So this one may not be as bookish as some!

I know I've seen of the articles, but as I've said before, I mainly only search. I've never noticed an article come up, which makes sense, since the search is of the forums. But, I have skimmed through ones that either were really important to me or looked interesting. And, for the KatKwiz today, I did look through some, just not the right one, obviously! Darn!

Oops, Evie just decided it's cuddle time, this will be fun!

I had thought I'd seen that picture before some where, but not so sure now... I know it looked familiar, but it could have been just a similar picture.

I've probably read about half of those articles. I read nearly that many today looking for the picture!

Hmm... not sure i've done anything differently. I know I've read things on here before i did it, so how i did it was influenced by the information here. for example, introducing cats, dealing with Jack's goopy eye when he was 10 days old, building / making the foster enclosure, things like that.

i may or may not dare... partially depends on how long i'd have to wait! i'm not much of a gambler, and that's quite the risk! besides, i'm pretty impatient!

i think next time evie wants to cuddle, katkwery will have to wait!

Figures... Soon as I hit "submit' she decided to go get some food! Brat! Well, I'm too lazy to clean up my post, hope you guys don't mind some lazy typing for once.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was one of those people that only read the forms, until KatKwiz. Once I started playing KatKwiz, I was clicking on different articles and realizing what else was on this site. And I read some pretty interesting articles as well. I had never seen that cat before. Even though I already had my maximum three wins, I still tried to find it. I just wanted to see if I could've won or not
I clicked a couple of articles, but didn't find anything. I have read a lot of articles in the Cat Care section. I've read the ones on cat boarding, declawing, traveling, Christmas time, and a bunch of other ones. I think the only thing I've done differently since I joined here, was change their food. Before they were getting a bad dry food, and when I joined, I realized how bad it was for them and switched them to a more healthier food. I also started feeding them a more healthy wet food as well. It has definitely improved their coats and their behavior; they have much more spunk now!

As for the dare questions, I don't think I could try and wait. I'd be afraid that someone would beat me to it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i rarely bother to go anywhere other than the forums & the arcade, unless i'm looking for something specific. i do have several of the articles bookmarked, so that i can point newbies to appropriate articles for their issue - intros, etc. i'd never read the particular one referenced in today's KatKwiz, tho. still haven't read all or even most of them. i don't think i've changed much about my posting/reading habits from reading stuff on TCS - what can i say, i already think i know it all
assuming i'm online early enough to answer the KatKwiz [rarely happens now that school is back in session] i wouldn't wait to answer - but that's me. when i know something, i say it - usually right away!