Can I get some TCS vibes for sick cat

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I get some of the famous TCS vibes for a friend's cat.

Jake is an 11yr big old teddy bear of a Maine Coon. He is in the vet hospital with kidney failure. My friend is beside her with worry and guilt that she didn't catch it sooner. Jake is now anemia, won't eat and has levels of 7, he came in with levels of 12 so he's better but he can't go home till he eats and has levels below 5. He is such a sweet cat and his owner is visiting him twice a day to try and get him to eat.

So any vibes you can spare would be appreciated.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of feel better soon vibes to Jake. Tell your friend not to blame herself, cats instinctively hide their illnesses, and there are no symptoms of anything being wrong in the early stages of kidney disease. The only way to detect it early is through a blood test.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's home. Still not eating so I went over my friends home on Sat to help force feed him. She has to give him SubQ fluids and B 12 shots. Hopefully he'll start eating on his own soon.

He didn't look bad, just smaller and not too happy. Thanks for the vibes keep em coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Sending lots of so that jake gets better soon and lots of BIG Carmelo head butts to help him feel better
Jake is a big guy but not that big. I don't know if Carmelo head butting him would keep him out of cardiac arrest.

Thanks for all the good vibes.

Jake is still not eating on his own. He is now being force fed A/D catfood but last night and this morning he was standing by his bowl but still not eating. Is there anything else we can be doing to get him to eat. His owner has tried heating up food, offering food by hand, his favorites (deli turkey) tuna fish water. I'm out of ideas. Any fabulous suggestions?