We get the keys to our house today!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I couldn't be more excited! We're getting the keys at 4pm! I have school till 3pm and I don't think I'll be able to pay ANY attention in class! Math

We're waiting for the SOLD sign, but this will do for now!
Our Realtor said we we will have one eventually! Don't mind my SO, he was tail gating for the Iowa, Iowa State game since 5am that day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness we are sitting in our very own house!!!!! We've been moving like crazy since 5pm and I'm EXHAUSTED! The kitties love it and are running around everywhere having a ball. Even Leya has a adjusted well and loves it here, she's even started running! (she's blind). It was so sweet, as soon as we got the keys my SO says, can we take the kitties over first?
Sometimes I think he loves the kitties more than I do, or maybe just as much as I do

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats sweet!!! I'm soo happy for you
Good luck with all the moving and unpacking!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting!! So you guys are completely moved in now? Heres some unpacking vibes for you
I am so glad the kitties settled in so well, mine are like that, too, which is ssooooooo comforting in a new house.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A really cute little house. I can imagine why the cats love it!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!!! We moved all day today, and have a few more things tomorrow and then we'll be done!!! I think I might make you guys wait until next week to see pictures of us moved in. We don't get our couch until Friday and that will give us time to get unpacked!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is Leya adjusting OK? I was worried about the whole change thing for her....

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
That's exciting!!

I'm jealous
We were supposed to have our house in August, then they said the end of October, now it's looking like at least the beginning of December

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Is Leya adjusting OK? I was worried about the whole change thing for her....
She's doing great!!! She loves it here! She's been running through the house like a mad woman! I about have a heart attack every time she runs around a corner.

We even have a "run about" is what we call it. The living room, dinning room, and kitchen are all connected. The cats enjoy running around in circles!

Leya has to relearn the bed though. It's too tall for her to feel comfortable jumping on yet. We just keep the covers pulled up so she can climb up the mattress till she feels comfortable.

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Congrats!
That's exciting!!

I'm jealous
We were supposed to have our house in August, then they said the end of October, now it's looking like at least the beginning of December
Oh man that stinks!!! I don't know how everything worked out for us and we got to move in the day they told us we could a month ago!

You're building your house though aren't you? Almost everyone I know that has built their homes have had to wait 3-12 months past the original date.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it super exciting?! We get the keys to our house on December 1!! I am so excited! I'm going to get pics of our house when we go for our inspection

Congrats!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

You're building your house though aren't you? Almost everyone I know that has built their homes have had to wait 3-12 months past the original date.
Yeah, we're having one built. It was supposed to be done in August. Then they changed it to October. Now it's not even close to that - they STILL haven't even started breaking ground. I get on the financial guy daily about it since he is basically the one who is going through the steps with us. And seems to be full of
every time he talks to us!

Yet everyone else I know who is having homes built are just weeks away from moving in ... and they started long after us. The houses are already built and they are just waiting on closing and getting the keys. Argh. We should have bought a house, but we couldn't find any that met our criteria at the time. About 6 months into the paperwork of having the one built, we found a perfect house in our price range. But after spending ~$9k already with stuff dealing with the house being built, we decided to stick with it.