On Cloud Nine!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm engaged!

It happened last night. He had flowers delivered to my work at about 2 p.m. And it had a note that said "I want dinner out. Meet me at Olive Garden at 5 p.m." Well, that means I had to go straight from work to dinner, looking all grubby since I work in a warehouse-type building. I called him when I left work and asked him why I couldn't come home - he said it was easier to just meet at the restaurant. I asked why we were going out to dinner - he said he wanted Olive Garden. I asked why he got me flowers - he said they were pretty and he thought I'd like them. I told him to at least bring me sandals and a shirt so I could change and be a little less grubby.

So I got there, and he was already in the restaurant. I changed in his car, and went inside. We had our dinner, and then we had tiramisu for dessert. The waitress brought it over and it had a candle on it. He said that since he didn't take me out for our anniversary (was August 29th) that he wanted to make up for it. We ate the dessert, which was insanely good, then he asked if I remembered that he had a surprise for me. I said yes and he took out a large box. I opened it up and he had got me a Coach purse. I had been really wanting one for awhile, but didn't want to spend the money on it. I didn't really want him spending that much money on me for a purse, but I love it! I was looking inside it, and he asked what I was looking for. I said nothing, and he said well, keep looking. I looked in the zipper pocket and in it was my grandfather's diamond ring folded up in a piece of paper. He had put a note with it that said "use this for now, and i'll buy you one of my own later."

So we are officially engaged! We've been going out for over 4 years, and we all knew it would happen eventually, but I guess since we went to 4 weddings this year, it made him start to think. I guess he'd been planning this for awhile. We had stopped by his work, and told his friends there, and our friend said that they had been talking about it for awhile. We're going to have a long engagement though. Probably not until 2010. I would like to get a job that would be more of a career for me, and I think he probably wants to get a lot more done with school and have a better job. No rush though, since we're already living together, I'm in no rush to get married.

Pictures of my beautiful flowers. Does anybody know what those purplish flowers are. The tiny, tiny ones that are all bunched together. I love them!

And my Coach purse that I'm in love with! He did such a good job picking this out. I didn't tell him anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congrats! That sounds so romantic and well thought out on his part! Love the idea of putting it into a purse and you finding it.
Thanks
It was pretty romantic. I kinda thought something was up when he sent me flowers at work though. He never sends me flowers. That's why I was fishing around the purse, I was looking for it. I never knew he could be so romantic either. That sounds bad, lol, but he never does things like this. I just want my ring back. It's getting resized and I won't have it until October 3rd.

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Congrats, that's amazing! What a clever guy!
Thank you, he definitely is

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww that is so thoughtful, congratulations to you both!

What beautiful flowers and gorgeous purse!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awwwww that is so thoughtful, congratulations to you both!

What beautiful flowers and gorgeous purse!
Thank you!
I love my purse. I didn't want him to spend that much money on me, but I am totally in love with it. He can be so thoughtful

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, but I think the little purple bunches are heather! And what a lovely proposal -- congratulations!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, that brought tears to my eyes, of course I am a SAP
Congratulations to you and your FIANCE
What a great idea with the purse, that's my kind of guy, I love Coach, beautiful purse

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Congratulations!
Thank you

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Not sure, but I think the little purple bunches are heather! And what a lovely proposal -- congratulations!
Thank you!
I'm gonna have to google heather and see if it looks the same. Or maybe ask him if they said it on the website. I love them, they smell so good.

Originally Posted by Bella713

Awwww, that brought tears to my eyes, of course I am a SAP
Congratulations to you and your FIANCE
What a great idea with the purse, that's my kind of guy, I love Coach, beautiful purse
Thank you
It's so weird calling him fiance now. I love Coach also, but they're so expensive I didnt want him to get me one. But I love it!

Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

Congratulations!

That was so sweet of him to do that....I am so pleased for you both!
Thank you so much

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Congratulations!!!! That was so sweet of him!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Congrats..Sounds like you sure have a keeper!
Thank you! I definitely have a keeper! We've been through so much together, and love him so much!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, congratulations!
I hope you'll be happy together for years and years!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I see you have a kitty "must" sitting next to the flowers!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

see romance isnt dead, congrats hun
Originally Posted by libby74

Oh, congratulations!
I hope you'll be happy together for years and years!
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Congratulations!
Thank you so much everyone!

Originally Posted by KittKatt

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I see you have a kitty "must" sitting next to the flowers!
Thank you
Haha, yea our table is a mess. As you can see, I didn't try and clean it up before the picture lol

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Haha, yea our table is a mess. As you can see, I didn't try and clean it up before the picture lol
That's because here at TCS we are FAMILY

What a romantic evening
Best wishes for a wonderful life together