Geronimo Is Such A Brat!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to take Ricochet in this morning to get neutered, and since we were going, I was gonna take Geronimo in too, b/c he had one of his FIP "attacks" a few days ago, and I wanted the vet to check him over just to be on the safe side. I had to be 'sneaky' in order to get him into the cat carrier b/c he knows what THAT is, but he managed to get out when I tried putting Ricochet in to it and I couldn't recapture him after that b/c he knew what was up.
What a brat!

Hopefully I'll be able to get him to the vet tomorrow, when we go to pick Ricochet up. I'm gonna have to be even sneakier when I try, b/c Geronimo is by no means a stupid cat. I really want the vet to check him over.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's truly difficult to be sneaky on smart cats like Geronimo. It takes long time planning.
My San is the most difficult cat when it comes to going to the vet. He not only knows what the carrier is for but he seems to be able to read my mind. He always disappears the morning he is scheduled to see the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

He not only knows what the carrier is for but he seems to be able to read my mind.

Geronimo always seems to know when I'm fixin' to give him his medicine, and will either disappear or run when I try to catch him.
I swear he reads my mind, too.

Well, all went well with Ricochet and his neuter
but he did, however, have a yeast infection in his ears. So the vet sent some ointment home for me to administer. It's nothing serious, thankfully.

We ended up not taking Geronimo in when we went to pick up Ricochet. Call me paranoid or crazy, but I had a bad dream about taking him in, and escaping from the vet's office. When I told my s/o about the dream, he said that HE also had a similar dream.
That was just too freaky for me!
I don't know if it was intuition, but I do know that I've had bad dreams like that before, and they sometimes come true. So I had the heebie-jeebies about even taking him in..

He's doing better now anyway, and hasn't had another attack since the last one. I've been giving him Clavamox, which I usually try keeping on hand in case he has an attack and I can't get him in right away. I'm keeping an eye on him, and if he has another attack, he WILL defininitely be going in - whether he likes it or not!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, I think Geronimo arranged for you and your SO to have that dream just to make pretty darn sure you didn't try to bring him to the vet!
Try leaving out the carrier everyday so they get used to it. Put fun stuff inside. May make it easier to get them to go inside when its time for a vet check. Though I'm not sure how useful this will be for a really wily cat like Geronimo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Y'know, I think Geronimo arranged for you and your SO to have that dream just to make pretty darn sure you didn't try to bring him to the vet!
Try leaving out the carrier everyday so they get used to it. Put fun stuff inside. May make it easier to get them to go inside when its time for a vet check. Though I'm not sure how useful this will be for a really wily cat like Geronimo!
He probably did implant some kind of vision in my head while I was sleeping, and then went and did the same thing to my s/o. I knew there was a reason why he was sneaking around my head that night.
He's such a crafty devil!

Whenever there's a trip planned to the vet, I always bring the carrier out a couple of days ahead of time so they get used to seeing it there. If I wait till the day of, they all scatter.
They know what that awful thing means..

Geronimo also always knows when I'm fixin' to give him his medicine, and will scatter as soon as I'm getting it prepared. All my little "tricks" that I use don't work on him anymore.
He's just way too smart!

We have to be smarter than they are.
Unfortunately, they're not stupid, and usually have us figured out..