New Kitten Mom NEEDS advise plz "Storm rolling through"

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I am SOOOOO ready for Storm to be OUT of our room...

Kittens are cute but... really... ARE they really this rambunctious?!?

He goes from sweet kitty then gets that LOOK in his eye, starts turning his head from side to side LOOKING at you...
and LEAPS and GRABS ON TO YOUR FLESH with his needles and teeth and attaches himself like a leech while you shreik like a mauled EMU... arm BLEEDING you reach down to tell him *noooooo* he LATCHES ON TO YOUR HAND!!!

IS HE SATAN! Or is this what a kitten is like...

LOL! I have NEVER had a kitten... he is ADORABLE & SOOO SWEET... at times... except when his
side comes out.

Is it maybe because he is cooped up in our master bedroom? Its not a small space by any means... the master bedroom is 20x30 with an attached master bath in it that his food & litter box is in that is 16x20... maybe he's crazy cause he knows there are kitties on the other side... maybe I'm making excuses for him... is he a feral kitten? He was found outside... does that matter? He's only 3 months old...

All I know is... if this is what all kittens are like... I'll stick with adopting adult cats like I always have LOL!
This guy will be my one and only kitten phase

He is set to be getting Nutered tomorrow. Will him getting Nutered mellow him out a little? Or does that not effect anything?

He's like a Toddler with Ginsu knives
LOL.

LOVE him to pieces... I just want to know... why he is so nuts... I've never had a cat... certianly not a cat so small... attack me & actually kinda scare me...
only a little... those claws & teeth hurt...

Bloody arms & face from me sleeping & night... I'm afraid what might happen to my kids when he roams free... hopefully he's just attacking OUR faces and limbs because he has NOTHING better to do & when he has 3 other fur buddies... he'll attack THEM instead
LOL!

Anyway... 'NEW kitten momma WOES!'

BUT at the same time... 'PROUD Kitten Momma PHOTOS!'

Storm

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was probably taken from mom too soon. Having the "big cats" to teach him manners will help some, but you will also need to work on what is acceptible & what is not.

Welcome to the wonderful world of kittens!

ETA: Keep his claws clipped, you can try Soft Paws if necessary. For the biting, I bathe myself in Bitter Apple spray before bed. I have Houdini, the kitten from hades....so I literally feel your pain!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, I forgot to add that

Finally today I layed him on his back on my lap trimmed all his nails.

He did VERY well, kept mewing once in awhile... sounded like a little voice saying "no, no"

muahahahah! I got those little needle tips

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a reason I always like to foster the adults - they aren't normally such holy terrors!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once upon a time, I had 4 little kittens running around. Oh the joy of that. I would be sitting on the sofa and out of the blue, one would suddenly start climbing my leg with all 4 claws
It does get better, they do calm down.

If he was feral, he would be hiding and hissing and being totally scared.

How far away are you from doing any intros? Like Natalie said, they will certainly teach him some manners with the biting.

I would let the cats meet him and spend time with him and teach him some manners before you let your babies meet him. If he bites one of them because they are toddlers, with soft baby skin, I wouldnt want to risk them being bitten.

Hes so beautiful

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had him in our room since he came home since Sunday. We have been putting off introductions to the other cats because he is on Ear Mite Meds 2x's a day. His last dose is Saturday... I has been taking the meds since last Saturday... & was to take them for 7 days... I've been keeping him away cause they are contagious right?

I dont really know much about ear mites.

He's on Tresaderm drops in his ears twice a day & I clean out his ears real good each time I do it, his ears look fantastic... Compared to when I first got him.

Then I figured, I'd get him Neutered while he's in our room & let him recover, then let introductions begin.

He sees them under the door tho
& he has ESCAPED a few times LOL! Max is quite curious about him... Yuki followed him closely hissing at him... Horatio hid. LOL!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LEAPS and GRABS ON TO YOUR FLESH with his needles and teeth and attaches himself like a leech while you shreik like a mauled EMU
When he attacks, give a high pitched squeel, then hiss at him. Momma would hiss and brothers and sisters would squeel when kittens get too rough. He'll learn. He needs a long playtime and maybe some heavy food at night to get him sleepy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Storm is starting into those teen kitten stage - which will last for a few months
He's also an "oriental" type which is usually more active and mischievious

Neutering will help a little and try to give him more play time with feathers, string toys, a good tall treehouse (5 feet or higher) to run off the energy. But enjoy him now; they grow up too fast

Also you need to establish a weekly nail clipping so that he doesn't hurt you too much.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Also you need to establish a weekly nail clipping so that he doesn't hurt you too much.
Excellent, I was wondering how often his nails would need to be trimmed.

Thankfully, he was excellent about it. So I will keep it as a regular schedule. I'll pick a day and time, & it will always be our thing

(too bad I can't do that with my others... BUT I suppose that's my plus to him being a kitten, I can start things like trimming his nails now)

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A toddler with ginsu knives
I thank you I needed a good giggle, I don't know why but I think this line is hilarious!!