Hot and sweaty

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello - I am in Malaysia right now and gosh, I thought the Southern States of the US was bad in terms of humidity!

Its been an interesting experience so far, the people are SO friendly - they have been bending over backwards to help me if I need it - its wonderful.

Yesterday, I went to the Mid-Valley Mall and wow, its HUGE!!!

I have meetings for the next 3 days and hopefully I will get to do some more shopping after them, before I go home. I really want to go to Sunway Lagoon, but the person I am travelling with is horrible and doesn't want to do anything. Gah!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand humidity...Memphis has aweful humidity during the summer months most of the time.

I hope you're able to stay cool and enjoy our trip!
If they have freezers there sometimes it helps to put your head in the freezer for a moment or two! (You laugh, but i'm serious
) It also helps to put an ice cube on your pulse points around your neck and wrist to cool yourself off a little

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, that part of the world does seem to be that way.
nothing like 90% humdity, and 90 degrees at 7 am hehe,

i take it NZ weather is very different? never been there so dont know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, very different in NZ - we have mild winters - around 40-50F and mild summers - 60-75F.

SO it is a bit of a experience!

And the most interesting experience was the toilets in Brunei - went into a hole in the ground only to discover there were some normal toilets a few cubicles over.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I really want to go to Sunway Lagoon, but the person I am travelling with is horrible and doesn't want to do anything. Gah!

Wow! How fantastic for you!
Take lots of pictures

So far as going to Sunway Lagoon and the other person not wanting to go, go on your own. You will regret not having gone if you don't. Just because the person you are travelling with is a stick in the mud and doesn't want to explore, doesn't mean that you can't. You said yourself that everyone is so friendly, you'll get along just fine as a solo tourist. If you get lost, stop and ask for assistance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wow! How fantastic for you!
Take lots of pictures

So far as going to Sunway Lagoon and the other person not wanting to go, go on your own. You will regret not having gone if you don't. Just because the person you are travelling with is a stick in the mud and doesn't want to explore, doesn't mean that you can't. You said yourself that everyone is so friendly, you'll get along just fine as a solo tourist. If you get lost, stop and ask for assistance.
That is true Linda - I made friends with 2 filipino women and they want to do some sightseeing with me, so I am looking forward to that. They are so lovely and friendly, and it makes me feel better!