Why do cats have to be the center of our world?

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've started knitting over the past year, it's great relaxation for me and I love it. The cats haven't decided if it's okay with them or not.

Sam has has to sit on my lap near the yarn and he curls up into a nice contented ball and purrs non-stop. He's quite indignant when I have to get up and he has to get off. Yes, he does occasionally have to put a paw out and check out the yarn if it's moving around too much. He likes knitting.

Pru comes out and jumps on the arm of my chair and walks around to the head rest and down the other arm, returning to the head rest. Then she proceeds to head butt my head repeatedly until I put down the needles and give her ears a good rubbing. Pru thinks knitting is interesting, but it cannot begin to compare with how interesting she is.

Clio has shown a mild interest, but Sam beats her to the spot on my lap, so she acts like she doesn't care anyway. Being the grand old lady of the three, she's decided someone has to show some decorum.

It's the same with reading a newspaper or any activity that involves me sitting down for a bit and not moving, they obviously have imminent domain over me. Is this in the unwritten cat laws?

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

It's the same with reading a newspaper or any activity that involves me sitting down for a bit and not moving, they obviously have imminent domain over me. Is this in the unwritten cat laws?
Cats were worshipped as divine in Ancient Egypt; they have never forgotten this.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if we find the answer to that question, i am sure it will also solve the riddle as to why human females seem to feel the same way
hehe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

if we find the answer to that question, i am sure it will also solve the riddle as to why human females seem to feel the same way
hehe.
You are a brave soul, a bit foolish maybe, but definitely brave.