has your cat changed personilty?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i first got heyu, it took forever before she would stop hiding, and would even let me touch her. She was very shy,and still i am the only one she lets touch her.

Now about 2 years later, i have noticed that she will now play, she often goes racing around the house like crazy. just today she was tossing a feather toy around, and did a sneak attack on eazy.

she has also gotten almost demanding at bed time to let her climb up and knead my stomach or leg, i often go to sleep with her still laying streached out on me.

she has changed so much over the last year.
has anyone else noticed changes in there cats personilty?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Pod Cat. I have one of those.

yes, when I met Riley at his foster home, he let me hold him on my lap and pet him. Hasn't done it since.

Well, I do it against his will anyways

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Billy sounds just like your Heyu, Bruce. The day I took him home, he hid for two days, and would run away at the slightest movement or noise. Now, he runs up when something sounds different, demands my attention all of the time, and purrs like a monster - which neither he or his mother ever used to do.

Funny how they come out of their shells like that, isn't it? And very cute.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my rb boy janet was a really scaredy cat when i brought him home. unfortunately he messed in the carrier on the way home and i had no choice but to bath him as soon as we arrived back. not the best start for a new cat!

he was 8 years old (although i was told he was only 5) and he came from a 40cat household. he spent the first 2 weeks hiding behind the sofa when i was out but was my shadow when i was home. at first he totally ignored the other 3 cats i had but then he became a real bully. tabitha and him never ever got on.

we thought that getting him a kitten might be the way forward and indeed, milo became his best friend. sadly they only had 8 months together before FIP stole my boy from me.

it was a cruel twist of fate that the illness reduced him to a frightened little boy again.

i'm sorry to bring a morbid tone to this thread but it's nearly a year since i lost him and it's all replaying in my mind.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

when i first got heyu, it took forever before she would stop hiding, and would even let me touch her. She was very shy,and still i am the only one she lets touch her.

Now about 2 years later, i have noticed that she will now play, she often goes racing around the house like crazy. just today she was tossing a feather toy around, and did a sneak attack on eazy.

she has also gotten almost demanding at bed time to let her climb up and knead my stomach or leg, i often go to sleep with her still laying streached out on me.

she has changed so much over the last year.
has anyone else noticed changes in there cats personilty?
In the case of Alley, she is more of afraid of things than ever before, a change for the worse. Persi is the same old Persi, for which I am grateful.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna has always been a love bug, but as she's gotten older she's gotten more demanding of attention, especially at night or anytime when I'm in bed.

Abby has always been timid, but as she's gotten older (she's 10 years now), she has started to come out of her shell a little. When people come over she still hides, but after a few minutes she makes her way out to check out who is here. Sometimes she will go right up to them or she will lay along the wall across the room. But if they have a brush in their hand, she's all over them like a dirty shirt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Funny how they come out of their shells like that, isn't it? And very cute.
It is indeed
i never thought heyu would become the cat she is now.

Originally Posted by tab

i'm sorry to bring a morbid tone to this thread but it's nearly a year since i lost him and it's all replaying in my mind.
Naw, not morbid at all, We do understand how a pet can get stuck in are minds.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia tried to kill me when I went to pick her up 3-4 years ago. She's sitting in my lap right now.

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats DEFINATLY changed personalities on us.

When we adopted Ripley, we thought she was going to be our "Wild Child". She was hyper and all over the place. Cali, on the other hand, was sweet, LOVED to cuddle, and VERY calm.

That all changed a few weeks after we adopted them. Ripley is now our sweet, calm, easy going, obedient girl. Cali, is now our "Wild Child". She is ALWAYS getting into trouble. She is the one that is hyper and all over the place.

We think that Cali was sweet and calm at the begining because she was soooo little (1 month and 1 pound 9 oz) and she had a URI. But after she was bigger and was feeling well, that was when her true personality came through. We stil love them.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This actually bums me out quite often.

When i got my first two kittens and they were growing up they were glued to me. They even demanded to sleep right next to me on a blanket.

As they've grown they've both become much less affectionate. Tinker, my fav, only comes up and sits in my arms once a day now (about). She use to do it like 20 times and drove me nuts, but I always made time for her.

Wilbur was always a little more independant but there is a special time of the day he gets sleepy and comes up to lay in my arms. But only once or twice a day now, versus all the time.

They're just growing up I know, but I loved my little tinker coming up and sitting in my arms so I'd scratch her neck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ophelia tried to kill me when I went to pick her up 3-4 years ago. She's sitting in my lap right now.
the kill part comes later when you are sleeping

Originally Posted by fastnoc

This actually bums me out quite often.

They're just growing up I know, but I loved my little tinker coming up and sitting in my arms so I'd scratch her neck
Eazy when i first got hime was much the same, was never more then heart beat away, was in and out of my lap like crazy
then he went though a stage where he did not want me to pet him or hold him( must have been his teen year
)

now he is back to, hold me pet me stage, after i first wake up, and is back to trying to sleep on my arm

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's promising
It bothers me that they don't even sleep in the bed with me anymore. i loved that.

OK i'm being a big wuss. But i'm hoping they change back L

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had Blossom since she was 3 weeks old. The only way she's changed lately is she's getting more game in wanting & succeeding in going outside. My oh takes her out. She used to only roll around on the warm steps & eat the grass at the bottom of them. Now she's trying to get out whenever she hears the backdoor open & is getting to the back fence. Much to my dismay.