My new and older piercing....pic

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a horrible pic but I wanted to show off my new piercing. I got my nose done tonight and I got my tongue done on July 9th. What do you think?

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome.
I love all piercings.
Do you have a screw in your nose or just a stud?
I found with the screw, it wouldn't heal.. when I switched it our for a bend to fit one, it healed within days.

I've had my nose done since June of 06, and my navel was done july 07 but taken out this past march due t it migrating it's way out.
I will get it done again in march.

I've wanted my tongue done for a long while now.. but I've gotten mixed remarks about the pain and it makes me rethink it, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Awesome.
I love all piercings.
Do you have a screw in your nose or just a stud?
I found with the screw, it wouldn't heal.. when I switched it our for a bend to fit one, it healed within days.

I've had my nose done since June of 06, and my navel was done july 07 but taken out this past march due t it migrating it's way out.
I will get it done again in march.

I've wanted my tongue done for a long while now.. but I've gotten mixed remarks about the pain and it makes me rethink it, lol.
I think its a bend to fit in my nose. I got my navel done when I was 13 and tiny I never took it out though and its part of what is helping me push my weight loss even though I when I dont feel like it. My tongue did hurt quite a bit and the healing process was rough 3 days of soft foods baby like consistency before I ate normal again. Took a while to get used to but I Love it and the pain was worth it. If you do get it done do not get it numbed numbing can delay the healing process also if you smoke its best not to smoke for as long as possible after getting it done as smoking will delay the healing process of it. Also get some ibprofen it works wonders, and eat lots of popsicles and slushies that helps. Its late my spelling is terrible on 4 hours of sleep LOL! I sucked on ice cubes for about 2 weeks after to help with the swelling which didnt fully go away until 3 weeks. I had a bit of infection which is normal with any piercing in the mouth but it is completely healed now.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and the awesome thing is my new job loves them

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nice piercings! i got my tongue done 9 years ago but took it out 3 months later. (relationship breakdown and it was too painful a reminder
) but i had it re-pierced last april. didn't really hurt and healed amazingly quick.

i love it.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah my patient and her family love them. My patient was like you have a pretty little jewel in your nose
Her daughter wants me to take her to have her nose done sometime next week!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to facial piercings!
I have double nose holes and my tongue of course.
Looks like your piercer did a good job, but I question the barbel you are using.
Did your piercer inform you that it will need to be changed out after completely healed in about 6 weeks?

My piercer used stainless for my tongue, and the barbel itself was over length to allow for some swelling, otherwise it could get tight and cause damage.
After six weeks mine was changed out and I was allowed to trade in my piercing bar for my normal one.

Maybe you have a longer one in now and they are just using fancier ball nuts.

Either way, looks good, doesn't look sore at all.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet!! I've always wanted to get my nose done, but then I think about it getting ripped out!
I'm a big baby about that sort of stuff, and I hate needles
Yet I have three tattoos and 4 piercings, I know I know!

My horse has broken a million sun glasses while I was wearing them. I don't want to think about a nose piercing in the same situation!

I love it though! And I always wish I had one when I see someone else with one!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Welcome to facial piercings!
I have double nose holes and my tongue of course.
Looks like your piercer did a good job, but I question the barbel you are using.
Did your piercer inform you that it will need to be changed out after completely healed in about 6 weeks?

My piercer used stainless for my tongue, and the barbel itself was over length to allow for some swelling, otherwise it could get tight and cause damage.
After six weeks mine was changed out and I was allowed to trade in my piercing bar for my normal one.

Maybe you have a longer one in now and they are just using fancier ball nuts.

Either way, looks good, doesn't look sore at all.
Im using the shorter barbel now with fancy a fancy ball nut on top and a surgical steel on bottom my post is also surgical steel. Yeah my tongue has healed wonderfully now I changed it for the first time at 4 weeks when the swelling was gone and the piercing barbel was too long for me and changed it again 3 weeks later to clean the other one. I change my balls all the time...I really like different balls and I often change them to suit what Im wearing!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you get your balls from (man this question sounds bad)?

My balls are externally threaded and all I can find are internally threaded balls/externally threaded barbels.
I have to order my stuff as I don't live in the most enlightened area

I'd love to have balls to change around occasionally.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! Proper placement, (which for some reason completely evades some piercers). And it looks really good on you.
My nostril has been pierced since 1991, and I love it. I also have a double eyebrow and tongue piercings. I have had my tongue done so long, it stretched itself to a 10g.
I am an unemployed piercer, but would love to go back to it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome

I got my tongue pierced in October 2005 and my nose pierced in January 2007
I have a "nose bone" in it right now. Had a screw with a CZ but I took it out once and could never get it back in

I also have my lobes 3x each, navel, tragus, rook, lip, and 2 somewhere else above my waist
Whenever I get the itch to get another, I'll have to figure out where to put it! I want an industrial but my ears are shaped funny.

I think Rob would like to see me with an eyebrow bar, but my job wouldn't like that too much I'm sure. They don't seem to mind the nose & lip though even though it's in their dress code as "not allowed". Then again, they dont care about much when it comes to stuff as long as you do your job

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my eyebrow done and Loved it! The piercer didnt get enough skin..so it fell out. I was rather ticked, though Its my fault I should have stuck with my normal piercer I know he does an awesome job!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
for the longest time I wanted my eyebrow done as well as my lip
i'm thinking about it still. Right now i've just got my ears pierced since i'm a chicken I guess