Do You Like To Shop Online?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it and do so occasionally, but I'm very careful about which websites I order from. Most of them are supposed to be secure and tested every day, but I'm still leary about it. And I never do any banking online!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm missing the shopping gene that most women are born with - it's my birth defect, I guess
I tend to purchase things online that I know will already fit me or things that I don't have to try out first in the store. I only shop otherwise if I HAVE TO then it's in the store like a flash and out again
. I can also scan a store in less than a minute an tell if what I want is in there. DBF like to go to the mall and when we do, I am the only female sitting in the middle of the mall with the guys who are there holding their wife's purses.

I also do my banking online and I absolutely love it. I can't stand having to wait in line. It's great

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bank never has lines - though they also have free drinks so waiting wouldn't be an issue.

I do some shopping online, though I really hate filling out all the information. Usually I'm buying computer parts or cds so there's not an option of going to store to pick up what I want. I do like that I can shop at 3am in my PJs.

I'm usually sitting in the middle sections at the mall too, but only because I can't stand for long periods of time. Mall stores tend to be too small to really walk around in much - Walmart or a grocery store lets me zoom back and forth to keep my blood pressure up. Though, big stores also tire me out - a no win situation. With book stores and craft stores no one looks at me weird if I kneel or plop right down on the floor to look at something - so I'm willing to spend more time in those.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont like it, but sometimes the only place i can find what i want or need is online.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love shopping on line, but I no longer have a credit card and lots of places don't accept PayPal. And even if they do accept PayPal, my purchase through PayPal is echeck, which takes 10 days to clear. So ordering anything that requires a download link, or even something to be physically shipped, doesn't get processed for 10 days. Kind of takes the fun out of shopping.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i do all of my banking online, other than cash withdrawals from the ATM. i also do the majority of my shopping online - aside from heavy things like kibble & cat litter. i figure shipping is worth it for the convenience & the fact i don't use gas running all over town looking for stuff.
when possible, i use PayPal to pay - otherwise, credit cards, since they're protected. also have used my Visa check card at trusted sites.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to shop online. I don't buy clothes online though, because I like to try stuff on before I buy it. But most other things, like electronics, can be found MUCH cheaper online than in a regular retail store.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to shop online! although I don't do it very much, I tend to get carried away
I never buy clothes online though, I am very picky about clothes.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We do all banking online with the exception of ATM. Other stuff include TV are from online shopping. I love online shopping- no hassle, no lines & open 24/7

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to shop on-line! I buy clothes, even swimsuits, - yes, swimsuits - on-line. I buy household items, sheets, electronic stuff, too. I have favorite sites to shop, so I don't worry about fraud as much. The last time I went to a mall I took our son to get a DS game.

When I do shop in stores, I go to ones at smaller shopping centers.

I do love to go to second hand stores, though. Always looking for bargains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walmart or a grocery store lets me zoom back and forth to keep my blood pressure up.
You should try working there once.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I used to love shopping on line, but I no longer have a credit card and lots of places don't accept PayPal.
When you get your finances in order and get a debit card, Linda, you can use that to purchase stuff online if you prefer.
That's what I do: I only use credit cards for emergencies, or if I'm really "desperate".

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love shopping on line. For me it has become a necessity. The only things I shop for in a regular store are groceries, cat litter and cat food.

The groceries I get at a very small neighborhood market. I would love home delivery but no one offers it here.

Well... almost no one. I could order dry goods on line but they only offer things by the case. If I did that I may only have to shop every two or three months. That would be good. But then the problem would be where to store all that stuff. And I would still have to go to the store for milk and perishables.

I also do banking and pay most of my bills on line. I don't know how I would manage my life if I didn't have my computer.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do most of my banking and pay my bills on line. I love to shop for clothes for my kids online. We live in a small town, you see that most of the kids have the same clothes, I like to buy them things that are different. Last year 8 boys in my son's class, all had the same winter boots.
Even thou I put his name on them he always came home with the wrong boots.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I hate actually going to stores and shopping, so I LOVE shopping online!
So much easier and more enjoyable than going to stores. Many of the cat products I buy are cheaper online.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I used to love shopping on line, but I no longer have a credit card and lots of places don't accept PayPal. And even if they do accept PayPal, my purchase through PayPal is echeck, which takes 10 days to clear. So ordering anything that requires a download link, or even something to be physically shipped, doesn't get processed for 10 days. Kind of takes the fun out of shopping.
If you like it that much you can always buy a prepaid credit card at walmart or many other places. You just put money on it when you want to and then use it online or where ever else.

I hate shopping period. I hate it online as well cause you don't have as much control and if the product is defective it is a pain in the butt to get replaced. I bought a baby toy online that wasn't in the store the other day and it was broke. Well I had already put it together and for some reason they designed it so it didn't come apart. I was a little piano and once the legs were on it it was like 3x the size. IT was nice cause they sent me the replacement before I sent the new one out, but I couldn't get the old one back in the box the lady kept saying just stuff it in. I told her about 5x that I couldnt cause it wouldnt come apart. She wanted me to go out and buy a new box which I told her I would not do. Then she told me to tape the box it came in with the box the new one came in and send it out that way. LOL what a weird thing to do. Well the boxes were different sizes so I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. She was like well thats what my team lead told me tell you. I just told her to put her team lead on the phone. Finally she came back and said they would have some special freight company come get it and bring a box. It was a nightmare.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I never shop online. I do shop tho from TV, Home Shopping and QVC. I have never ever had a problem with them.