never received FedEx delivery....anyone else?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever ordered something only to have it not delivered, then you call about it and you're told it was delivered? If so, what was your outcome?

I ordered some parts for my car from 6 different places before hurricane Gustav. I received all of them except for one. I called about it and the salesperson looked up my account. He told me that using the Fed Ex tracking number it shows that it was delivered. It actually shows that delivery was not attempted on Friday September 5th due to a local weather delay. I'm not sure what that is all about because I was picking up branches, raking leaves, & cutting grass that day. There was no weather that would have prevented deliveries. Gustav hit on Monday September 1st. The tracking info then says that the package was delivered on Saturday September 6th and that it was left at the front door because no signature was required. I had it delivered to my parent's house and they were both home that day. I asked and they told me they didn't go anywhere. Packages are left on the doorstep all the time and we get them. Their house is on a dead end road and we are at the end. Personally, I think they left it at the wrong house....but not any other house on our street because there are only 3. They guy that I spoke to told me they would contact FedEx and open an inquiry about it. He said if I didn't hear back from him in a couple of days to call him. I need to call tomorrow. I asked him if I was going to have to order my parts again and pay for it all over. He said he couldn't give them to me for free. This was just under $90 worth of parts.

Has anyone every had an experience like this? What was the outcome?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep with both fedex and UPS,
Not long ago a router i ordered come up missing, (UPS) It took several phone calls, and threat to file a complient with credit card company before a new one was shipped.

Just yesterday, i got home to find 3 boxes just sitting in my driveway. There was over $3,000 worth of computer parts, just sitting there. I was not very happy.(fed ex, and worse yet it does say signature was required)

they used to hide them behind the green stuff, now, no. they just leave stuff in the middle of the drive way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yep with both fedex and UPS,
Not long ago a router i ordered come up missing, (UPS) It took several phone calls, and threat to file a complient with credit card company before a new one was shipped.
So who did you do your complaining to? UPS or the company you ordered the router from?

I talked to my parents tonight and they said the FedEx driver who delivered my package came by today. He said he remembers the delivery because he thought it was a different street and was all the way across town when he realized he read the street name wrong and had to go back. He said he put it on the front steps and that someone must have stolen it. IMO, FedEx is responsible and they should pay for a new shipment. Despite the fact that it may have said no signature required, my mom & dad were home. He should have knocked and handed the package to them.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all the above
amazon sent another one.
its a good thing i got home early today, or i may have been missing the parts for a new computer.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
File your complaint with FedEx, then file a claim with the credit card you paid with. Put the item in dispute. That very act alone costs the shipper $50, so right there they are out their profit on a $90 order.

However, before you do that, you might want to tell the shipper that you are going to do it, since you have no way of knowing if the item was stolen by the FedEx driver, some neighbor, or whatever.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Has anyone ever ordered something only to have it not delivered, then you call about it and you're told it was delivered? If so, what was your outcome?
*raises hand*

I despise UPS and Fedex for exactly this reason. UPS lost a collector's item present for my DH last Xmas. They swear they delivered it and left it randomly on my front porch when no one was home. I never got it, but the seller insured it so I was refunded and UPS had to pay for it.

Fedex swore they kept trying to deliver it but no one was home - this when I finally sat out in front of the building to meet the delivery guy. He never showed, but listed that he tried and no one answered...so I had them deliver it to my workplace instead and they promptly re-routed EVERY order from my apartment building to the frint desk at my work.
At least I was on good terms with my neighbours at the time...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the Fed Ex world headquarters city
So yea, almost all the packages we deal with are Fed Ex. I love Fed Ex! (much more than UPS that's for sure!
) I've had nothing but good experiences with Fed Ex. A ton of my friends work for fed ex too

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol just had to call ups this morning and tirgerdirct,
another 500 dollars worth of computer parts did not show up, turns out they shiped them to another person in another state, who even signed for them , but my name was on the label ? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was the shipment insured? That would be a good place to start by finding out if it was or not. If the waybill was marked that the parcel had to be signed for then get a copy of the signature.

I've never had an issue with FedEx but have with UPS. Here in Canada we also have Purolator (DHL in some areas) and again, no problems.

Neither of these companies have ever left any items at our home if nobody was there to sign for it. They have left a note to call for arrangement of delivery at another place or time or for us to collect it ourselves at their nearest depot.

I use Purolator within Canada and FedEx to the US on a regular basis at work and honestly have had no problems.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol just had to call ups this morning and tirgerdirct,
another 500 dollars worth of computer parts did not show up, turns out they shiped them to another person in another state, who even signed for them , but my name was on the label ? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ahhh...UPS and Tigerdirect...yes, I know this combination well. They let my neighbour's 14 year old babysitter sign for my rather pricey new monitor. Fortunately she read the address and walked it right over. I still buy chocolate from her for all her school fundraisers.

At this point, if I need to ship something, I just pop it in the mail.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dh got a vintage guitar and it was delivered to the wrong house, and they signed their real name to it! It was signed for by the crackheads 2 doors away. Fortunately he discovered it within a few minutes of checking for it online, and we went down there and got it back. It was a real mess, we had to get the police involved. We caught them loading in their car and had to sit on the car until the cops arrived. This was UPS, FedEx has pretty good delivering stuff to us.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well according to UPS, they where going back to pick up the package. That was where we left it, when i went to bed this morning.

"Ahhh...UPS and Tigerdirect...yes, I know this combination well. They let my neighbour's 14 year old babysitter sign for my rather pricey new monitor. Fortunately she read the address and walked it right over. I still buy chocolate from her for all her school fundraisers."

ouch, that sounds like a issue with UPS, like when i called i asked them to STOP leaving stuff out in the open.

kk2 at least you got it back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news!!! After several phone calls to Fed Ex, my credit card company, and Wolfsburg West, I have my order. It is not the original package. Wolfsburg West actually reshipped my order and they charged Fed Ex for it....so I did not have to pay twice. In the future, I will have orders shipped to my place of employment.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad it worked out for you! From the other side of things...I had a customer recently file a complaint with fedex *immediately* when they said it was delivered and it wasn't...after a week of not finding it, they told her to ask me for a reship (!). Of course it was insured, I filed an insurance claim, gave them the case number of her complaint and they denied me...pointing to "it says delivered to front door and you didn't request a signature".

I now require direct sig on fedex packages...or suggest to customers that I can ship to a work address.

I do like fedex much better than ups (just my experience of how many ups deliveries come ripped, tape half off) and will continue to use them but this sure frosted me. Wasn't my fault, wasn't my customers fault..it was some thief.