Christmas Cards! Eek!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized that Christmas is just around the corner, and I still haven't ordered any cards yet!
And I'd better get to it, b/c I always add my furbies' names to the cards, too - and I have NO intention of writing TEN cats name to all those cards!

I'm gonna have to get one of those "specialty" rubber stamper things, so I can just cheat and stamp the furbies' names on with ease!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! I wasn't even thinking of Christmas...you reminded me!!! Maybe I should start my shopping early,cause I have a horrible habit of doing it last minute.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting a stamp and a box of card from the dollar store would be cheaper than getting them preprinted. Cheaper still would be to just get an ink pad and having each kitty "personalize" the card with a paw print!
Yeah, I can see that going over REAL well! Cheaper yet (and probably healthier and less stressful for the kits) is to shorten their name to "The Zoo"!

Good lord, every year I swear I'm going to send out Christmas cards, and I still have a box of cards I bought 3 years ago. I hasn't happened yet. I swear it will this year! (I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you....
)

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't really thought of buying Christmas cards just yet..too early for me
Maybe in a months time...

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 months one day guys and gals haha

i started my christmas shopping months ago hehe

just need to get my christmas cards in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Getting a stamp and a box of card from the dollar store would be cheaper than getting them preprinted.
That's what I normally do. I rarely buy "specialty" cards b/c they're so expensive. I may still have to go with the cheapy ones, depending upon what finances are like within the next few weeks..

Cheaper still would be to just get an ink pad and having each kitty "personalize" the card with a paw print!
I've thought of that.

Yeah, I can see that going over REAL well!

Me, too - especially with four kittens!

Cheaper yet (and probably healthier and less stressful for the kits) is to shorten their name to "The Zoo"!
There's been a few times I just wrote "Tiff & the boys" in my 'bachlorette' days. You should have heard some of the comments I received!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I had mine printed last year with the kitties on the front. No idea what I am doing for them this year.

That's what I'd like to do, if I could manage to get all ten of them in one shot!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I got all 5 of mine in by photoshopping them into tree baubles - not one pic of them all together
Well, you're more computer "savvy" than I am.
I've been playing around with the paint thing on the computer and trying to see if I can come up with something, but I haven't figured it out yet.
I totally destroyed one of the kittens' pics while playing around with it.
Thankfully, I have everything saved on a back-up disc, so I didn't lose the pic! It's one of my favs!
(the one that's next to my username).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have a couple of boxes of cards somewhere in the house that I picked up last year on sale...Now if I could remember where I put them I would be all set to go.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I actually have a couple of boxes of cards somewhere in the house that I picked up last year on sale...Now if I could remember where I put them I would be all set to go.
They're probably in the last place you would look.

I think I know what I'm gonna do for Christmas cards this year. I found that you can upload a pic to Cafe Press, and have your own cards made up. And they're not too terribly expensive. This is the pic I'm gonna use: my precious grannddaughter, waving good-bye to Santa.

What do y'all think?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwww that is so precious! That will make a beautiful card that everyone will keep forever.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob and I were just talking about Christmas, and cards didn't even cross my mind til I saw this thread

Apparently we're both planning on spending a lot of money on each other this year (what I want to get him is $460! Our usual Xmas budget was always $100 for each of us for gifts! He said he is buying me something expensive too though. I may have an idea, but I'd rather not ask him and confirm it!) Guess I better get some Xmas cards before we go broke

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my christmas cards on sale in January , they were 1 pound a pack originally (these are just the ones u give classmates ect) and i got them for 20p so just doing that i saved 1 pound 60 on 2 packs lol!

I have a thread goiing some where to do with xmas shopping ect..

I have twenty pounds to my name and thats going on xmas shopping tomorrow if all goes to plan , that will buy maybe one present lol
Jess x