Breed Registry Poll

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was at the ACFA show last weekend in Victoria, there were 3 Bengals there. A stud, a new female and a kitten. They did quite well (I believe the kitten came in one of the top 3). There was also some people who have a Savannah cattery, but they didn't bring any cats.

http://www.passionsbengals.ca/ were the Bengal people.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My answer is probably of no interest to you
But anyway, mine are dual registered with GCCFV, GCCFSA and FASA.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

All TICA, for now at least.

CFA will never let the bengals in, but I might explore ACFA someday.
Eventually and not so far in the future, Nial and Terri will have a dual registered Aby!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always shown and registered my cats in ACFA and CFA. On the east coast it was about equal between the associations. Over here in Minnesota its now a lot more ACFA shows I can attend vs CFA, but my cats are still registered and shown in both

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I show in CFA both of my Somalis are registered with CFA and so will my new one. But Veeshan is also registered in TICA, that was her original registry.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that you will find that many cats will be either CFA or TICA. All the Bengals will generally be TICA. The standard breeds (non wild blood) would be CFA/ACFA/TICA. Quite a number will be multiple registries.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are registered with the GCCF, but if I were going to show I would dual register with TICA, I prefer the way their shows and points work

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my cats registration papers. I still have not sent them in..... They are not show cats.

The 2 abys are with CFA, and 1 Bengal TICA.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roxy is registered with CFA and TICA, because her parents were CFA and she is a polydactyl Maine Coon. I wanted to be able to show her as a Maine Coon so I had to register her with TICA (to show in "New Traits" for now) because CFA does not have any place to show polys. I did show her in CFA's HHP category as a kitten before we registered though...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Smudge is registered in TICA because he is a mitted Ragdoll, and CFA doesn't allow the mitted pattern.
Tiny correction - they didn't allow mitteds, they do now!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

So will CFA ever allow Bengals?
Never. Nor any cat that was originally bred to wild cats (which includes your Savannahs and Caracats and what have you).

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

So will CFA ever allow Bengals?
I know Adilah has said she believes it will never happen, and I tend to agree.
The powers that be are pretty entrenched in their position, but powers change over time, so we'll see.

Currently bengal breeders aren't pushing hard to get in. We are in all the other registries, we don't need CFA to promote the breed.

One thing that CFA fails to recognize, is that ALL cats have wild blood and originated from wild cats.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

One thing that CFA fails to recognize, is that ALL cats have wild blood and originated from wild cats.
Of course but I think we all know that what they mean are modern breeds created by using wild cat species.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
9500 years ago cats were wild, hopefully it doesn't take CFA that long