TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Biden Does it Again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biden Does it Again - Page 2

post #31 of 47
I'm looking forward to more statements like this: "I'm not going to solely blame all of man's activities on changes in climate."
post #32 of 47
I'm looking forward to comments like "FDR would have got on TV in 1929" and "Obama is a clean black man". You go Joe!!
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
I'm looking forward to comments like "FDR would have got on TV in 1929" and "Obama is a clean black man". You go Joe!!
It ought to be a hoot! I'm going to be so disappointed if all their answers are actually coherent and to the point. I shouldn't be poking fun. I met Biden way back in 1979, at a grassroots get-together a politically-minded friend (now a long-time district attorney) dragged me to. I got into a conversation with him in the kitchen, while waiting to use the powder room (as I remember it, he was cracking ice in a blender), and found him very friendly/outgoing and down to earth. And very talkative!
post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 
His wife is very pretty.
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
It ought to be a hoot! I'm going to be so disappointed if all their answers are actually coherent and to the point. I shouldn't be poking fun. I met Biden way back in 1979, at a grassroots get-together a politically-minded friend (now a long-time district attorney) dragged me to. I got into a conversation with him in the kitchen, while waiting to use the powder room (as I remember it, he was cracking ice in a blender), and found him very friendly/outgoing and down to earth. And very talkative!
Joe is talkative for sure. I'll have to admit it is somewhat refreshing to have a politician who just comes right out with things instead of carefully measuring each word like most of them do.
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Joe is talkative for sure. I'll have to admit it is somewhat refreshing to have a politician who just comes right out with things instead of carefully measuring each word like most of them do.
Palin is somewhat in the same mold. This is the first election that I can recall when the VP nominees play such an important role. Obama comes across as being too cerebral/distanced/professorial, without foreign policy experience, so Biden is a good choice: folksy, and chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Conservatives question McCain's "right-wing" credentials, so his choice of a female, anti-abortion, pro-gun, religious climate-change sceptic makes sense.
post #37 of 47
Thread Starter 
It will probably be cancelled due to the unfair, and unrevealed bias of the moderator Ms Gwen Ifill.

Calls for her to be replaced are pouring in.

Can you imagine if it would have been revealed that the mod was releasing a book touting McCain on Inauguration Day. Geesh, the Obama Truth Squad would be tarring and feathering someone.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
It will probably be cancelled due to the unfair, and unrevealed bias of the moderator Ms Gwen Ifill.

Calls for her to be replaced are pouring in.

Can you imagine if it would have been revealed that the mod was releasing a book touting McCain on Inauguration Day. Geesh, the Obama Truth Squad would be tarring and feathering someone.
I say its OK they have Ifill moderate it....as long as they have a second VP debate and have it moderated by Ann Coulter! Its only fair.....
post #39 of 47
Do you have any proof that her book is pro-Obama, or are you just making assumptions based on the book's title? She moderated the 2004 VP debate.
post #40 of 47
I'll say it again: how can a set of questions posed to both candidates bias the debate? Are you afraid that she'll choose questions where Palin has no experience?

And to repeat what was said on the other thread: the book came out in July. Her selection as the moderator happened in August. Why the issue now?
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
I'll say it again: how can a set of questions posed to both candidates bias the debate? Are you afraid that she'll choose questions where Palin has no experience?

And to repeat what was said on the other thread: the book came out in July. Her selection as the moderator happened in August. Why the issue now?

So how do you feel the Obama people would react if the moderator was a right-winger like Rush? Do you really think they would have no problem with it?
post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Do you have any proof that her book is pro-Obama, or are you just making assumptions based on the book's title? She moderated the 2004 VP debate.


http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-P...dp/038552501X/


http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ama-anti-palin
Link that talks about the 2004 debate. But you probably won't like it as it is from Newsbusters and they are conservative.
post #43 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
I'll say it again: how can a set of questions posed to both candidates bias the debate? Are you afraid that she'll choose questions where Palin has no experience?

And to repeat what was said on the other thread: the book came out in July. Her selection as the moderator happened in August. Why the issue now?
This book didn't come out in July. It is coming out January 20, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-P...dp/038552501X/

At least that is what it says on Amazon.
post #44 of 47
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ce_presid.html

Greta Van Susteren has confirmed that the McCain-Palin campaign knew nothing about the book, which, according to Amazom.com, sheds "new light on the impact of Barack Obama's stunning presidential campaign and introduc[es] the emerging young African American politicians forging a bold new path to political power." Lacking such full disclosure, the Fox News journalist and attorney believes that "it is a conflict of interest and the offended ticket should pull out of the debate...or she [Ifill] should."


Much of the issue lies in the financial conflict of interest Ifill's book represents, as an Obama victory would surely rally greater sales when The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama is released the day after the inauguration.


as well as

Michelle Malkin comments at IBD:


The moderator expected to treat both sides fairly has grandiosely declared this the "Age of Obama." Can you imagine a right-leaning journalist writing a book about the "stunning" McCain campaign and its "bold" path to reform timed for release on Inauguration Day - and then expecting a slot as a moderator for the nation's sole vice presidential debate? [....]


She recently penned a fawning cover story on the Obamas for Essence magazine that earned much buzz. The title? "The Obamas: Portrait of an American Family."
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Do you have any proof that her book is pro-Obama, or are you just making assumptions based on the book's title? She moderated the 2004 VP debate.
what,? why would i need proof.i hear the earth is round, but i have never seen it from space to know for sure that it is.
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
This book didn't come out in July. It is coming out January 20, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-P...dp/038552501X/

At least that is what it says on Amazon.
My bad. The book was announced in July. Gwen was announced as moderator in August. The book is about black politicians, not Obama in particular. But why the objection now? Are they trying to rationalize Palin's poor performance beforehand?

Would I have an objection to someone like Rush moderating the interview? Yes, but only because he doesn't have experience with moderating. If you found a right leaning moderator with experience with debates, then I wouldn't find a problem with it. And comparing Rush (who preaches from his pulpit) to Gwen (who moderates conversations on public TV) is not realistic.
post #47 of 47
I definitely don't believe a word out of Michelle Malkin's mouth. You can't compare them to a real journalist. Rush nor Coulter are journalists.

McCain DID know about her book. It was announced in July and they gave it the ok in August. OR are you saying they were dumb enough not to vet her properly? They probably had no idea they would have someone like Palin as their VP candidate. SO now it is the tired song of the neo-con, blame the media. With an encore of its somebody else's fault. No, it won't be that Palin is ignorant on current affairs or that she is out of her depth or in over her head?No...it is Gwen Iffil's fault because she wrote a book.

She will be asking the same questions.
She isn't going to say-Senator Biden what do you think about the Iraq war?

Governor Palin could you please tell us the differences between the Pre Saddam Iraq and Post Saddam Iraq specifically stating constitutional differences and dates please? Also include the impact Russia played and the impact of the Iranian conflict. Please underscore your answer with describing the differences between a Shiite and a Sunni. You have 15 seconds to answer the question.

Not everyone in the world is partisan and biased. Some people are able to have a belief and still be fair. She may admire Obama in her personal life but how do you know she agrees with his politics? Not everything is so either/or.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Biden Does it Again