Early AM Wake-Up Call(s)

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 2:57 AM this morning someone was meowing at me. I opened my eyes and squinted. It was Clementine, curled up in my arms, meowing at my hand and rubbing her head all over it because she wanted some love!
Of course I obliged and sat there cuddling with her for a good 30-45 minutes just because she was so darn cute. She ended up hopping down after she was done, and I went back to sleep. 5:50 AM - someone was meowing at me. Again. Surprise surprise, it was Clementine. I tried to scritch her head, but no way, that was not what she wanted. This went on for pretty close to 30 minutes before I got sick of meows every four seconds. I didn't really take long to figure out what she wanted...breakfast!
So I got her breakfast and went back to bed. Luckily for me she didn't deem me worthwhile to wake up a third time, because if she had, chances are I wouldn't be up right now, I'd be sleeping!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Freya does this too - sometimes she just wants to hang out and chat...of course she doesn't remember that I'm not nocturnal.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From a very early age we put Jack on a night sleep schedule because we wanted him to sleep with us--and because he was so young and in an apartment (where we did not have permission to have him) we had to shut the door to our bedroom and keep him in. He learned quickly that meowmy and daddy don't play when its dark. When we got Harley in May he quickly learned the same schedule--although now that we live in a house I do occasionally hear them playing at night (but they do mostly sleep--lazy bums).

Leslie

blueandfrodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
frodo usually wakes me up every single night! and usually 2 or more times. he does it because he wants cuddles! he will usually curl up right next to my face (a large feat for such a big cat!!) and he usually ends up putting his bum in my dh's face.
anyway, he LOVES to knead so he will lay there staring at me, purring, and knead the air next to my face...this is not too good when his claws hook my lip or scratch my face! if he doesn't do that, he will climb on my and knead me...ouch! it is painful when such a large kitty kneads me when i am unsuspecting!

i really do wish that i could sleep a whole night through. blue gets one comfy place on the bed, usually between my legs or behind my knees and refuses to leave. i get barely 7 hours of sleep every night, usually less. i LOVE that they want to cuddle! i love them so much, but i am getting seriously sleep deprived!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geronimo used to pester me half the night for some lovin'.
But he generally leaves me alone now for the most part, b/c he's learned that his meowmy's not a morning person and will be a grouch if I don't get enough beauty sleep.

Invaribly, Maverick will jump up onto the bed some time during the night, so he can borrow under the covers with me.
They all take turns sleeping on the pillow above my head. The other night I slept on the couch (which I sometimes do b/c of my back b/c I can't get comfortable on the bed) and while I was making it up, all the kittens jumped onto it like I was making it for THEM!
They finally allowed me to find a spot, and after I got situated, I had Geronimo at my side, Jinxy on my stomach, Cassidy on my feet, Ricochet above my head, Chiquita between my legs, and Maverick on the top of the couch.

I really need to get a bigger bed!!

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I dont put my cat, Cali, in the garage at night, she is waking me up LONG before the sun comes up. She is SUCH a "baby" when I'm in my bed. She comes and licks me and uses her font claws to "kneed" me. She also lays across my neck too. Sometimes when she's in these moods, she also likes to bite. With her doing this most of the night (the rest of the night she is getting into trouble in my room), its hard to sleep.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom doesn't pester me through the night but I wake up because I can't move my legs. She's usually somewhere on the bed on my side. It gets very hot sometimes.

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only get woken up if my cats are playing in the room and making noise... or attacking my feet if I move under the covers

Most of the time they are good, and play out in the living room before coming to bed with me. Felix likes to sleep on the inside of the bed by my boyfriend's feet, and Loki will lay on the outside by my feet. Sometimes Ko will sleep ON my feet, or on the floor next to the bed.

Every once in a while I'll have to move my kitties so I can curl up or stretch out to get comfortable... but they don't mind at all... they are like little rag dolls when they sleep

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zane will generally not wake me up, but if I wake on my own (to got to the bathroom, for example), he'll demand that I pet him a bit before I go back to sleep.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we dont let flash sleep in our room she plays between our sitting room and and kitchen but mostly sleeps through but if i or my partner gets up to go to the loo then flash has to be cuddled before she turns back over

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All the kitty names are so cool!! My kitty Alan comes to bed with us and gets his treat. He then kneads both of us purring very loudly and then jumps off the bed and goes into the lounge where he looks out the window for a while. Then, when he thinks we are asleep he jumps on the bed, wanders up either me or my bf and kneads again and then settles. He has taken to waking us up about 3 am as he wants brekky!! If he can't get us up by pearing over the duvet and staring at us, thank goodness for duvets, can't feel the claws!!
He then does the cute petting thing which we oblige, how can't you? Then, if still no brekky he goes for the toes until one of us realises that he won't stop unitl one of his servants gives in to his demands. Then once satisfied, back to bed he goes whilst we drag ourselves off to work!!!
He is too gorgeous, we are wrapped around his little paw and he knows it.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are usually up at 6am every morning. Just to make sure we do get up at 6:30, Sunny starts nibbling our toes at 5:30 each morning
We usually try to go back to sleep until normal wake up time. He doesn't do this always, it's only when he's had an especially busy night playing and has gone through all of his food. He's a growing boy, afterall

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around 2am, Mattie starts pawing at our door. She doesn't want to be let in, she wants to be fed. If you go to the door, she doesn't come in the bedroom, she runs right to the kitchen.
We leave our door cracked open just so we don't have to deal with this.

Chloe will then try to wake us up in the morning if we aren't awake already. She'll do this by playing with our feet. If that doesn't work, Mattie will come in and start licking our face.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to my world!

We have to get up around 5am each day to give Mitzi her brekkie. There is no way she won't stop meowing, scratching, clambering up on the bed (etc...etc...) unless she has some grub.

And even after that she doesn't go back to bed!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got an automatic feeder for Zane so he wouldn't wake me up when I wanted to sleep in. Now, when he wakes me in the morning it is because he wants a petting.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got woke up last night to H?olly crying necaue the door was closed and she wanted to be with me. She meowed so long before i realy woke up and opned th door. So cute they wasnt to be with us so much.

generic war

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mecha used to wake me up 20 times a night, now she wakes me up at 5 am when she wants to hop onto the window sill and watch the sun rise (I kid you not, she sits there from 5 am till 6 - 6.15 am when the sun has fully risen)
if she gets up any earlier of starts being naughty while were asleep I put her in the lounge room and shut the bedroom door (she then has the rest of the house to explore lol)

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We leave Mackerel out in the living room while my partner and I trundle off to our separate rooms. (Living with a snorer sucks. x.x) I've tried a couple of times to have her sleep in my room, but she's just not interested in settling down and ends up running up and down the bed and climbing on my desk and shelves...

Someone else mentioned a 'night sleep schedule' or something- is that a way to train cats to sleep when we sleep and be awake when we're awake? How does it work?

purplecj-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every single morning at EXACTLY 5:00 (how does she know?!) Kiwi untucks herself from her little cozy spot between our pillows, and lays on my face.
Then she rubs her face all over mine, and tries to snuggle up under my chin, while purring like a lawnmower. Then she finds a comfy spot around my neck like a scarf, and will not move from that spot until I decide to get up. No matter how many times I try and move her to a more comfy spot (for me) or lift her off the bed, she keeps coming back. It was okay when she was tiny, but she is getting a little big to be my kitty-fur scarf. haha. I still love it though. My Kiwi loves me.