63 days pregnant

debsyweb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kizzy is 63 days pregnant and today I noticed her lady parts were a little puffy and looks to be opening up,could this be a sign that she is ready to give birth?
Also she is normally(up untill 2 days ago) very affectionate with me but now doesn't seem to want me bother with her.She seems restless and just keeps flopping herself down then changing spots etc

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww well sure sounds like you'll have some kittens very very soon!! My Buttons had the puffy lady parts that were slightly opening hours before she gave birth. Have you notice any discharge?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debsyweb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katch4

Awww well sure sounds like you'll have some kittens very very soon!! My Buttons had the puffy lady parts that were slightly opening hours before she gave birth. Have you notice any discharge?
No haven't noticed any,but have had to put her upstairs out of the way of the kids.But will keep a close eye on her.

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a nest set up upstairs for her to give birth in? When Buttons was close she got very distant as well and hid behind the couch where she actually gave birth to the first kitten ( under the coffee table ) lol.......so I quickly had to grab her box that I had made up for her out of my closet and I left her where she was hoping that she'd get into the box........she didnt lol

Hopefully you have a box for her to give birth in so you dont have a mess on any carpet.

Check on her often in case of any birthing problems making sure that she does what she needs to do without stressing her out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debsyweb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,yes she has a box with towels in,food,water and litter tray.Have sent all kids out to play to try keep the noise down lol
I will check her every 15 mins or so just to make sure she is ok and if anything happens I will stay with her if she allows me to.
Thankyou

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by debsyweb

Hi,yes she has a box with towels in,food,water and litter tray.Have sent all kids out to play to try keep the noise down lol
I will check her every 15 mins or so just to make sure she is ok and if anything happens I will stay with her if she allows me to.
Thankyou
Your welcome! Keep us updated and sending good vibes for a safe delivery

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are pregnant 63-68 days so she can have them anytime now. I'd confine her to the room with the birthing box as much as possible instead of letting her run around. My queens were confined to the big cages a week before being due and only let out for a short time - always under supervision.

They were used to the box/cage and didn't try to move kittens after giving birth.

I also would recomend you have two pillowcases ready - one has newspaper in it to absorb the blood, etc. After all kittens are born, switch to a pillowcase with 1-2 towels inside. Its soft and the kittens cannot get their tiny claws caught in the towel fabric.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cats are pregnant 63-68 days so she can have them anytime now. I'd confine her to the room with the birthing box as much as possible instead of letting her run around. My queens were confined to the big cages a week before being due and only let out for a short time - always under supervision.

They were used to the box/cage and didn't try to move kittens after giving birth.

I also would recomend you have two pillowcases ready - one has newspaper in it to absorb the blood, etc. After all kittens are born, switch to a pillowcase with 1-2 towels inside. Its soft and the kittens cannot get their tiny claws caught in the towel fabric.
I like the pillowcase idea. I use the big cages, as well, a week before due. Mine are fine with it and I can rest easy knowing where the babies are located. I use those rubbermade containers (cut a doorway in front) for the boxes. It works perfectly - you can open the lid to check on them and it is easy to clean. The cats feel secure in them, as well. My cats, though, want me to be right next to them. Peterbalds are so people focused that they cry if I am not sitting next to them during birth.