What game shows do you like?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious what game shows people enjoy (or hate). I like "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader", "Jeopardy" (although it really makes me feel stupid sometimes
) and I will admit, I will watch Deal or No Deal if there is nothing else on.

The DUMBEST game show I've ever seen is "Hole in the Wall". I just don't understand the point. For those of you that haven't seen it (lucky you) basically the players stand at the edge of a pool, and styrophome (sp?) wall comes at them with cut outs and they have to contort their body to match the cut out and let the wall pass them. If they don't get it right the wall knocks them into the water and they lose. I just don't get it.

So, how about you?

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like "Jeopardy" and other trivia game shows such as "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", etc. However, most of my favorite game shows are from a bygone era including "Joker's Wild", "Tic Tac Doe", "Sale of the Century", "Name That Tune", "The Dating Game", "The Newlywed Game", "Liar's Club", "Child's Play", etc.

They don't make them like they used to!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to watch Jeopardy.
i went with me econ teacher in college to try outs for the show hha.

now, about the only think i will watch is some of the japanese game shows, I only understand about 1/4 to half what is said, but i find them funny

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite game shows are Jeopardy!, The Price is Right (only with Bob), Wheel of Fortune, Millionaire, Match Game, any old version of Password, Let's Make a Deal, Press Your Luck and Card Sharks. Let's just say my favourite channel is Game Show Network.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Let's just say my favourite channel is Game Show Network.
You and my mom would have gotten along great! When she was sick, she would watch the game show network non-stop. She would even fall asleep to it at night...and I'm sorry, I've had some pretty strange dreams about Richard Dawson! I think I ended up developing a half crush on him.

The Newlywed game was a riot! I wonder how many of those couples were still acting like "newlyweds" after it was over.

I have a question for the old school game show fans here. I remember watching one when I was a kid (probably aired mid 70's) where the winner could pick a presesnt from a HUGE stack and the assistant went up and got it for him/her. Was that "Sale of the Century" or something else?

I just remember always thinking that they all should be put under MY christmas tree but they never were....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I just remember always thinking that they all should be put under MY christmas tree but they never were....
i remember thinking the same thing about the playboy playmates.

and yes i do remember seeing that, but i dont remember the name of the show.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely "Jeopardy".

I was on "$25,000 Pyramid" in the 70's. Does anyone remember that show? I played with George Hamilton. I didn't win $25,000, but I did win $700!

It was the syndicated version of "$10,000 Pyramid", which my roommate at the time had been on, and won $10,000. She said I should go to the audition, so I did and got on. It was pretty exciting.

I got alot of Rice-A-Roni, too. And some fake brick veneer for an inside wall, which I gave to my mom and dad. They used it in their kitchen and it's still up there!

Oh, and I said on national TV that Mexico was the capital of Spain.
The game moved very fast, and the category was "Starting With M" and he said, "The capital of Spain!" I quickly said "Mexico", and he gave me a look like, "What?!?!?" and I said, "No....no!! Madrid!" DOH! Thank God it came to me!

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the Game Show Network too! Unfortunately, we don't get that channel in Oakland. I watch it when I fly Jet Blue airlines because they run all the old stuff from my childhood.

Nanner - that's so cool that you were on the "Pyramid" show! I loved it when I was younger but I can imagine how difficult it can be when the cameras are rolling and it is timed.

That reminds me of when my sister's friend was on "The Weakest Link". The question was something like, "Which Sherman Hemsley show is about moving on up"? She answered, "Amen", which is Hemsley's other show and the audience laughed. She was humiliated and her friends still bring it up today.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

That reminds me of when my sister's friend was on "The Weakest Link". The question was something like, "Which Sherman Hemsley show is about moving on up"? She answered, "Amen", which is Hemsley's other show and the audience laughed. She was humiliated and her friends still bring it up today.
Ohmigosh. That's pretty funny.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like Jeapordy, and I used to like watching Family Feud when I was growing up. I haven't seen it in ages though, I dont' think it comes on anymore.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy most evenings lately. I also like Deal or No Deal, but don't make it a point to watch it. Just if I run across it and nothing else is on.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love love love games shows!!! I like Jeopardy, but rarely get to watch it
I tried out for it a couple years ago, the questions on the test or a lot harder than what they have on the TV show
Ken Jennings is my hero!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Definitely "Jeopardy".

I was on "$25,000 Pyramid" in the 70's. Does anyone remember that show? I played with George Hamilton. I didn't win $25,000, but I did win $700!

It was the syndicated version of "$10,000 Pyramid", which my roommate at the time had been on, and won $10,000. She said I should go to the audition, so I did and got on. It was pretty exciting.

I got alot of Rice-A-Roni, too. And some fake brick veneer for an inside wall, which I gave to my mom and dad. They used it in their kitchen and it's still up there!

Oh, and I said on national TV that Mexico was the capital of Spain.
The game moved very fast, and the category was "Starting With M" and he said, "The capital of Spain!" I quickly said "Mexico", and he gave me a look like, "What?!?!?" and I said, "No....no!! Madrid!" DOH! Thank God it came to me!
That is too cool! We actually have a TV star on TCS! I don't think I could do a game show. I would freeze, I just know it. I probably would be ok until they started filming, then I'd be like
!