Cronos Settling In and Socializing!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..or trying to, anyway! The world's most stubborn cat hater, also known as Evie... Well, she's begining to loosen up!!

But before we show definitive and shocking proof of the impossible (Evie putting up with another cat in her vicinity), here's some of Cronos settling in!

Harness training! We put him in a harness to take him up to Petco, we need to make sure he can go to adoption fairs.

I'm thinking I should change my contest entry to this one! "It's killin' me, mom!!!"

Cronos's favorite spot to lay. Even when daddy runs him over with the chair... But isn't this sweet??

And, introductions! We've been doing this slowly over time, as per the instructions. But it's been a few weeks, so we're letting them socialize a little more.

At first, Cronos pretends to be more interested in the chin cage...

Then they circle dance around each other for a bit, but never get close...

Finally, Evie comes up to check him out!

Anything you can do I can do better!

"Who, us? No, we're not fighting, just sitting here with my reflection..."

Evie says "Yes, I am watching you!!"

To which Cronos responds "Oh, can I come play, then??"

"NO, I don't want to play!"

A bit more circling, and they end up back by the chin cages! Look! Nose to nose!!

Then Evie begins to remember she's the cat hater...

But see, the ears are up! She's not hurting him, yet...

Aw, look, they're friends and are holding hands!!

Or, maybe not...

Yup, after that, we separated them again! But we're making progress!!

Best news is, Cronos may have found a furr-ever home! Yay!! So all this socializing may be moot, but I guess it's good for Evie!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah for finding them new homes! it won't hurt to get him used to other cats! Cute photos

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute pictures! And
that Cronos has found a furever home! The socializing definitely would have its merits, especially if he's not going to an only-cat household, or his new owners are thinking of getting another kitty.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great about the home!
He is adorable though especially his poofy tail. Have you given Evie the news?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Thats great about the home!
He is adorable though especially his poofy tail. Have you given Evie the news?
Yeah, she's only upset that's he not gone yet!

Thanks everyone for your comments! I am proud of them, they are doing well socializing. And yeah, more socializing for Cronos is always a good thing! Though he does really, really well with it. He just met his new foster brother, Sam. While Sam freaked out, Cronos basically looked at him and said "Can we play yet?"

And yeah, his new home is supposedly really excited about him and going through the process! So everyone keep your fingers crossed for Cronos!