Maine Coon

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally got my Maine Coon, I've been wanting for many years. I didn't search terribly hard over the years and I just sort of lucked out with this guy. I looked at him as a kitten nearly 2 years ago, but didn't commit at the time.

Now he's nearly 2 years old and a supreme grand champion. My bengals are all a bit taken aback by this giant stranger with long hair and a laid back "just chillin" personality. They really don't know what to make of him yet.

I love him already, he's just as sweet as can be and I've only had him 24 hours.

This guy is massive, I'm really hoping our crew doesn't teach him the twice daily "Nascat Bengal 500". I'm not sure our home can take that.

Allow me to introduce: SGCA PiratesLair Rum Runner.

Just for reference to his size, the laptop next to him has a 17 inch screen. He makes our 15 pound bengals look like kittens.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOOOOOOOOO, what a handsome fellow!
And thanks for the size reference -- I'm looking at a 17-inch monitor right now, so making the comparison is not difficult --
he's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG boy!

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I looked at my laptop (it's 17in) and then at the pictures, and was like

But he is absolutely gorgeous

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nial, he's absolutely gorgeous, handsome, regal etc.!!!
I LOVE big cats
Do you have any idea what he weighs? He has a few years to grow yet I bet
I second the weight question! How much DOES that big boy weight? He's huge!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nial, he's absolutely gorgeous, handsome, regal etc.!!!
I LOVE big cats
Do you have any idea what he weighs? He has a few years to grow yet I bet
I haven't weighed him yet Helen, but I can tell you, he is an arm load. He's dead weight too, because he just goes limp when I pick him up, he's so docile.
He's happy to go wherever I decide to take him.
If I had to guess, I'd say 20 plus pounds. He's still underweight according to his breeder and will grow until he's 5 years old.
I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. "Gentle Giants" is an accurate description of this breed.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, he certainly is a stunning boy. He is SO big, I cant wait to see pics of him playing with his new brothers and sisters.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you trying to say if he sat in front of my sister's 19" CRT monitor he would block it?

I can just see him in your Nascat races. A semi with all those stock cars. (And you have good health insurance in case of collision with that semi? )

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friends of ours have a purebred Maine Coon named Shadow. His "brother" passed on from a heart condition. Shadow is the same way - biiiig, sweeeet boy... 20 pounds if he's an ounce. It is like carrying a sack of potatoes. But he looooves to groom hair!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, he's such a handsome BIG boy
! I've always loved longhairs, especially Coons, but I think its too darn hot in Singapore to have one... darn! Still, I can now live vicariously through you, so do post more photos of your boy

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful! I really wanted a Maine Coon for quite some time, and was lurking on breeders' sites for quite a while. But the opportunity came to get Smudge so I got him instead!