The mysterious disappearing plush toys

madara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do kittens have magical powers? Like being able to make plush toys vanish into another dimension? I have honestly bought 2-4 plush toys ever week since I took him in around July 4th and I still cant find where each set disappears to?
I have checked under bed, couch, chair, entertainment center, nadda. I just put one out and tried to watch him but I turned my head 20 mins in and its gone! I am going wake up one morning and see I am stuck under a 300 plush toy pile arent I?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by madara

I am going wake up one morning and see I am stuck under a 300 plush toy pile arent I?
Yes you are.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Just wait until the start magically reappearing. I have no idea where my kitties hide their toys, but every couple of months one suddenly appears in the middle of the living room floor.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Just wait until the start magically reappearing. I have no idea where my kitties hide their toys, but every couple of months one suddenly appears in the middle of the living room floor.
here, too. altho the plush kitties i have [about the size of a 3-4 week old kitten] Chip carries all over the house. sometimes i wake up in the morning & all of them are in a pile in the hall.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

My daughter is also missing pony-o's, barrettes and little petshop toys, they mysteriously reappear
I have searched the house I have no idea where they could be hiding them.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we have 157,000 hair ties under the stove. But I don't think plush toys would fit under there. They're probably in your basement ceiling or somewhere bizzare like that!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, we have 157,000 hair ties under the stove.
if they're under the stove... however did you manage to count them?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if they're under the stove... however did you manage to count them?
Well, of course, I don't CLEAN under there, but I do know how many hair ties I've bought in the past 3 years!

iyaayas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this site by searching "cat behavior", and disappearing plush toys is the behavior I am interested in. Our young cat LOVES small plush toys with felt eyes, tails, etc. He wants us to play fetch with him, and about every third trip to fetch the toy, he detours to his water bowl, toilet bowl, etc., to soak the toy, fish it out, and bring it back to us. I suspect the toilet bowl is where the toys eventually disappear to. We have to keep the lid closed. Anyone else have a cat that drowns his toys?