What is your favorite bad habit?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, my Dr. pretty much told me I was a dumb person (in not so many words of course lol). I went to the Dr. for my extreme migraines that have me bedridden for days at a time. They have become so bad that it takes me days to even get over my “Migraine hangovers†so off I went to the Doc to get a quick fix.

Basically she told me I wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t the sharpest tool in the box because I KNOW red wine bring my migraines on…and yet… I will not stop drinking my wine.

So that got me thinking about a post: What is your favorite bad habit?

Mine obviously is my wine. Not even to get totally smashed… all it takes is that one, beautiful glass of red wine to just make my whole body relax and my day to be complete.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not too far off from yours, mine is I LOVE salt! WAY WAY TOO MUCH salt. I mean, I know I'm killing myself. My blood pressure is low now, always has been, but one of these days, it'll do a 180 and go from being dangerously low to dangerously high!
It's just so funny, because I'm pretty healthy in all my other eating habits...
But not when it comes to salt!

Even before I read the details of your bad habit, as soon as I read the title to your thread I knew mine was salt!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dairy, is definitely my bad habit!

I'm lactose intolerant. I always take lactaid pills when I have dairy and I use my lactose free milk anytime I cook and buy as many things lactose free as I can....but sometimes even with my lactiad pills it's not enough to keep me from getting sick, and I will still have a little dariy now and then and just deal with the consequences. It really just depends on the individual food for me- some stuff doesn't bother me, other things do. Whatever I have it's always in moderation!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is anything caffeine. Coffee and chocolate are my sins
but I can't get through my day without one or the other..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caffeine, pushing myself too much, and procrastinating (yes, I know two of those don't make much sense together).
The caffeine doesn't seem to affect my heart rate much now, but that's because it's not even remotely regulated to begin with. I've tried to stop drinking pepsi, and succeeded for several weeks, but the caffeine was actually helping keep my blood pressure up a bit.

I push myself too much on some things, this results in making my NCS worse or really setting off my back. Also why I procrastinate. If I don't start something I can't push and make myself sick.

Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Not too far off from yours, mine is I LOVE salt! WAY WAY TOO MUCH salt. I mean, I know I'm killing myself. My blood pressure is low now, always has been, but one of these days, it'll do a 180 and go from being dangerously low to dangerously high!
If your blood pressure is low chances are you're salt intake is just your body's way of making sure your blood pressure doesn't get any lower. Lots of people have low blood volume, one of the ways to help fix that is high salt and fluid intake. Otherwise you can end up with symptoms from it.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would have to say Salt is mine. I gave up smoking 12 years ago, I don't drink coffee or tea. I have the occasional drink but nothing very strong and it's literally been years since I have drank to much.
However I do load my food with salt which is not good because I do have a history of high blood pressure.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love dairy, but what's worse is I can't take lactaid! The last two times I did, I had violent vomiting and was sick for two days afterwards.

Other than that, caffeine. I love my coffee in the morning!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Even before I read the details of your bad habit, as soon as I read the title to your thread I knew mine was salt!
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

chocolate

I can't stop. I won't!!
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

Mine is anything caffeine. Coffee and chocolate are my sins
but I can't get through my day without one or the other..

All of the above

I'm also a glutton for punishment when it comes to eggs. I love eggs.. But I get sick when I eat them... My stomach cramps for 2 days afterwards
It feels like a brick in my stomach
But yet.... I still eat them every once in awhile

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

chocolate

I can't stop. I won't!!

That, and ice cream!

I also smoke
but I don't enjoy it anymore.
Which brings up the question, so why do you still do it??

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have 2

1. Never wearing clothing at home;
2. If there is chocolate in the house, I'll eat it... all!!
I'm sure there have been a few guys in your life who enjoyed that, Linda!

juliejerks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely smoking, although I don't usually do it as much as other people do.
I don't think I have many other bad habits.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Linda do you never get cold?. And what happens if the cats jump up on you because i know Rosie's claws are sharp and that's with clothes on
Nope. Not cold very often. Even in the winter I have the windows open about 2 inches unless there is snow blowing directly at the window.

My cats have never scratched me. The only time I have gotten scratches from them is from their hind paws, when they have been leaping off me. But so far as front claws go, never. I do clip them so they aren't pointy sharp, but I do that because I don't want them to get their claws caught in the rug when playing, and for the benefit of my water bed which they both like to sleep on.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

So, you eat your chocolate in your birthday suit? Remind me NOT to come to your house for dessert!
Well, when I have company, I'm not in my birthday suit!

Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm sure there have been a few guys in your life who enjoyed that, Linda!
a few