TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwiz! - Sep 22*****
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*****KatKwiz! - Sep 22*****

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Yesterday our KatKwiz winner made a profit of _______ points by having awareness ribbons.
post #2 of 18
Yesterday our KatKwiz winner made a profit of _6000______ points by having awareness ribbons.
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Yesterday our KatKwiz winner made a profit of _6000______ points by having awareness ribbons.
Good job (I think) At least that's what I would've answered! Congratulations.

Lee, you're getting soft on us
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianjela View Post
Good job (I think) At least that's what I would've answered! Congratulations.

Lee, you're getting soft on us
Thanks Hopefully I'm right.
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianjela View Post
Good job (I think) At least that's what I would've answered! Congratulations.

Lee, you're getting soft on us
I would really like to get on to the exciting KatKwery today.
But first we need to have a KatKwiz winner.
In other words, I am not getting soft at all.

Let's make this more exciting:

If somebody would hurry up and answer this question correctly in the next hour from me posting, you get 5,000 points.

OK, you are on the honor system here. STOP reading now if you want the 5,000 points.

*****You may be cheating if you go past this point*****

If you want 4,000 points, go back and read the question. We have been talking a lot about keywords lately. The keyword here is profit.

For 3,000 points, go read this link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/profit

For the regular (ho hum) 2,000 points, pay attention to entry 3 d.
post #6 of 18
8,000?

I always hate answering these, I get so embarassed!
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
I would really like to get on to the exciting KatKwery today.
But first we need to have a KatKwiz winner.
In other words, I am not getting soft at all.

Let's make this more exciting:

If somebody would hurry up and answer this question correctly in the next hour from me posting, you get 5,000 points.

OK, you are on the honor system here. STOP reading now if you want the 5,000 points.

*****You may be cheating if you go past this point*****

If you want 4,000 points, go back and read the question. We have been talking a lot about keywords lately. The keyword here is profit.

For 3,000 points, go read this link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/profit

For the regular (ho hum) 2,000 points, pay attention to entry 3 d.
OK, how much did our winner yesterday pay for their ribbons?
The first thing to decide is whether the winner was a premium member or not...
post #8 of 18
That's why I always hate answering these! Nothing is easy for me.

But, I tried that without reading under the **** and didn't see the keyword thing. Now I get it, but I've answered once, so someone else's turn!

Best of luck.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
OK, how much did our winner yesterday pay for their ribbons?
Oh wow! I guess I didnt think about that part! I thought you just meant the bonus... wow! I take back what I said about it being easy.

Looks like you stumped us all at first. Well someone will come along with the correct answer soon now!
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie View Post
That's why I always hate answering these! Nothing is easy for me.

But, I tried that without reading under the **** and didn't see the keyword thing. Now I get it, but I've answered once, so someone else's turn!

Best of luck.
Dont worry, he would've got me on that one too! I didnt take the cost of the ribbons into considerations either!

Good thing we dont owe him points for wrong answers Better not give him any ideas

Tricky one Lee! Good job.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianjela View Post
Oh wow! I guess I didnt think about that part! I thought you just meant the bonus... wow! I take back what I said about it being easy.

Looks like you stumped us all at first. Well someone will come along with the correct answer soon now!
My objective is not to stump anybody.
The objective today is to point out some things about ribbons that I think may need to be covered. For instance, in honor of your current wonderful idea, I purchased a gold ribbon. If you use your past knowlege of KatKwiz problems, you will be able to find out what I paid for it. But I am a premium member, was yesterday's winner a premium member? Today's question is a multi-quiz, covering more than one area. First, you have to go to yesterday's KatKwiz and see what I paid the winner in bonus points.
OK, out with it, it's just simple math from here...
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
My objective is not to stump anybody.
The objective today is to point out some things about ribbons that I think may need to be covered. For instance, in honor of your current wonderful idea, I purchased a gold ribbon. If you use your past knowlege of KatKwiz problems, you will be able to find out what I paid for it. But I am a premium member, was yesterday's winner a premium member? Today's question is a multi-quiz, covering more than one area. First, you have to go to yesterday's KatKwiz and see what I paid the winner in bonus points.
OK, out with it, it's just simple math from here...
Oh, I know the answer - now - but I am at my limit for the month. Took me awhile, but I figured out if Yam was a premium member or not.

Good question, covered several topics at once!
post #13 of 18
he had 6 ribbons - which cost her 1270.02

Then Lee paid her 8000 points, so her profit was 6729.98
post #14 of 18
4,723.8 profit

I was actually awake when you posted this today--finishing up at work. Went straight to bed when I got home, so figured it was far too late to enter. That was until I got the notice of points for yesterday's KatKwery (thanks) that said today's KatKwiz had not yet been answered correctly. So here's my answer.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyCat View Post
4,723.8 profit

I was actually awake when you posted this today--finishing up at work. Went straight to bed when I got home, so figured it was far too late to enter. That was until I got the notice of points for yesterday's KatKwery (thanks) that said today's KatKwiz had not yet been answered correctly. So here's my answer.
This is the correct answer! Now I must show my way of finding the answer, which matches yours.

First I had to read the question carefully, it asks specifically for the profit made on the ribbons. So the first number to be used is 6000, not 8000. Now we need to know if yam is a premium member. Click on Cat Forums above and scroll down to View Forum Leaders. Select that and scroll down to find a list of paying (premium) members. Yam is not on that list. From here I clicked on Shop Menu above and then on Most Sold. Item number 4. is Awareness Ribbons. Select View and you will find a list of every Awareness ribbon ever purchased. You could look for Yam here but you can just note the two different prices being paid for ribbons: 148.89 and 212.70. So yam had 6 ribbons and paid a total of 1276.2 points for the ribbons. The word profit is the key here so you would subtract the 1276.2 points paid from 6000. The answer, as you found is 4723.8. But no bonus points today.

I like these kinds of KatKwizzes. One question covers several areas and gets interesting responses that are hopefully cleared up. It also shows you that you do not have to be first to answer!

CONGRATULATIONS TO GOLDYCAT - 2,000 POINTS!
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie View Post
8,000?

I always hate answering these, I get so embarassed!
Dont worry Janet (Jan, Evie, Evie's mom, Peach's mom, hey you, what's-her-name)

We've all answered wrong at one point or another. At least I know I have! And I thought 6000 was originally the right answer. I cant win anymore this month, that's the only reason I didnt chime in with the wrong answer. So I was saved by the Kwiz Rules.

But then after that I still wasnt sure (and you will see when you read today's KatKwery) I wasnt sure if he wanted the profit of the whole Kwiz, or just from the ribbons. I dont think the initial question was that clear. But it did make since when he explained it in his final analysis. I did enjoy today's question though. I like that it covered several topics. And what seemed like such a simple question at first.

...should've known better!
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
This is the correct answer! Now I must show my way of finding the answer, which matches yours.

First I had to read the question carefully, it asks specifically for the profit made on the ribbons. So the first number to be used is 6000, not 8000. Now we need to know if yam is a premium member. Click on Cat Forums above and scroll down to View Forum Leaders. Select that and scroll down to find a list of paying (premium) members. Yam is not on that list. From here I clicked on Shop Menu above and then on Most Sold. Item number 4. is Awareness Ribbons. Select View and you will find a list of every Awareness ribbon ever purchased. You could look for Yam here but you can just note the two different prices being paid for ribbons: 148.89 and 212.70. So yam had 6 ribbons and paid a total of 1276.2 points for the ribbons. The word profit is the key here so you would subtract the 1276.2 points paid from 6000. The answer, as you found is 4723.8. But no bonus points today.

I like these kinds of KatKwizzes. One question covers several areas and gets interesting responses that are hopefully cleared up. It also shows you that you do not have to be first to answer!

CONGRATULATIONS TO GOLDYCAT - 2,000 POINTS!
Thanks! I probably would have jumped in with 6000 without thinking it through, if I'd been online when you posted the question.
post #18 of 18
Its math Lee! Math never goes over well with the katkwiz krew!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwiz! - Sep 22*****