Dancing With the Stars VII starts tonight!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's time for the new season for DWTS!
Three nights so I am not available for anything these next 3 nights. May answer the phone under emergency situations, but otherwise I will be glued to the tube.

Okay, part of that will be to admire Maks.
In a TV ad it showed him and Misty May Treanor (US Olympic Gold Medalist in beach volleyball) offering to lift him if needed.

Cameron Matheison was on Good Morning America this morning with a preview. It should be a great season.

GO MAKS AND MISTY!!!!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Set DVR yesterday to tape all three nights, DH is not a big fan, but I can watch tomorrow morning or this evening when we go to bed. What dance are they doing tonight??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think foxtrot/cha cha cha this week. That's what it looked like they were doing in rehearsals that Cameron attended.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dancing has got to be in my top 5 of favorite shows! Go Julianne and whoever she's paired with

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would watch it, but there are already 2 other shows on that I want to see, so I've got to watch one, record the other and that leaves no option for Dancing.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I would watch it, but there are already 2 other shows on that I want to see, so I've got to watch one, record the other and that leaves no option for Dancing.
I'm not recording the recap of Heroes so I can record Dancing
I figure I've watched every episode so there's nothing they can tell me that I don't already know

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're going to have to post a re-cap for me tomorrow Jan. I'm going to miss the show tonight

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm not recording the recap of Heroes so I can record Dancing
I figure I've watched every episode so there's nothing they can tell me that I don't already know
Hmm, well, if I record Terminator, I can watch Big Bang Theory, then watch part of Dancing before Heroes comes on

I only watch maybe 5 shows each week. Why do they have to put 3 or 4 of them on at the same time?!?!?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

You're going to have to post a re-cap for me tomorrow Jan. I'm going to miss the show tonight
Poor Tracy. I'll take notes for you, okay? It will probably be heavy with comments about Maks, though.

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Hmm, well, if I record Terminator, I can watch Big Bang Theory, then watch part of Dancing before Heroes comes on

I only watch maybe 5 shows each week. Why do they have to put 3 or 4 of them on at the same time?!?!?
Because the programmers want to watch our heads explode.

It is rather funny some of us cheer on the pro instead of the celebrity.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TV's feast or famine.....
I am torn between Prison Break, Dancing with the Stars and Boston Legal.

OK...because of Maks, it's Dancing with the Stars and will record Boston Legal.

Go Maks

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm right behind ya Jan! I can't wait for tonight to start, but knowing me, I'll fall asleep before it's over!! Thank gooness for DVR!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be watching! I can't wait. I usually only watch it when there's celebrities on it that I like or care about watching. I didn't watch it last season because of that reason. I have to watch it, because I'm taping Heroes and taping wrestling for my boyfriend. So I have to watch it. And I'm taping One Tree Hill next Sunday, cause I can only tape 2 things at once. I had to do so much figuring out what I wanted to tape cause I have so many things to tape tonight.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched and took notes but too tired to post them last night. Can't post and watch as TV and computer are in different rooms.

!. Cody (actor from Hanna Montana) and Julianne. cha cha cha
YOungest celeb and youngest pro who Carrianne noted that their combined ages are still less than hers. He is 18 and I think she is about 21. I seem to recall she was 18 when she joined 3 seasons ago.

If he can concentrate on dancing and not admiring her cuteness, he might have a chance. 18 from the judges.

2. Rocco (the chef) and Karina (who inured her ankle earlier that day)
Did an okay foxtrot but only got a 14 with a 4 from Len.

3. Toni and Alec - cha cha cha
She said she joined to get over her fears since learning of her heart problem. She really impressed the judges and got a 22.

4. Maurice and Cheryl - foxtrot
He did okay and earned an 18.

5. Brooke and Derek - cha cha cha
Derek mentioned her hyperextended legs and they may take her far. She earned a 23.

6. Ted and Inna (new this season) - foxtrot
He did better than I expected and got an 18.

7. Lance and Lacey (new pro and finalist on So You Think You Can Dance)cha cha cha
Lance follows in the steps of fellow N"Sync star Joey Fatone and struts his stuff despite admitting he was the worst dancer in the group.
Lacey promised "edgy" and gave it. His shoes had higher heels than hers!
Well, 'edgy" did not impress Len. They got a 22 but 6 of that was from Len. One would think if it was more traditonal, they may have had a higher score.

8. Cloris and Corky (new pro) - foxtrot
We may have to keep Cloris for the entertainment value! LOL She's 82 but full of spunk and managed to keep from getting censored until after the dance and judging. She did okay and despite flirting with the male judges (leg on desk in front of Bruno and posing so Len could see down her dress ("mind your cleavage!") she got a 16. Len says he is finally a "boy toy". LOL

9. Jeffrey and Edyta - cha cha cha
Another imjury during rehearsal only this time it's to a celeb. He got a scratched cornea (not sure exactly how but looked like her heel connected with his eye). Docs didn't want him to perform but he did. He also tried the leg and cleavage strategy of Cloris's but it didn't work and he only got a 12. The worst dancer of the bunch. Really. Even with 2 good eyes, IMO.

10. Kim and Mark (foxtrot)
She did pretty good despite bad balance and got a 19.

11. Susan and Tony (cha cha cha)
She admits she is not really like her soap personna Erica Kane. The dance was slow and careful. Bruno told her she needs to work on her **** factor. 15 was her score

12. Misty Mae and Maks - foxtrot
By gosh the lady can dance even with all thoses muscles! Len was very impressed and gave her an 8 (Carianne only a 6) Her total was 21!

13. Warren and Kym - cha cha cha
Big guy but surprisingly light on his feet. 21 for him

Tomorrow night one celeb is eliminated and then the others do the mambo or quickstep.

I'll be there! GO MAKS AND MISTY!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job Jan
What a great recap

Cloris had me cracking up! I think we should keep her

I agree Jeffrey didnt do well at all, but I would hate to see Edyta go home early again.

I thought about you, Jan, when Maks FINALLY danced, they sure made you wait long enough to see him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night was the FIRST time I've ever gotten to watch the show and I loved it! We haven't had cable for a few years but we do now. I have watched some past clips on youtube, but man live was better! So exciting! I couldn't decide who was my favorite!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cloris is a great roll model for the boomers, who at age 50, think they are old.

Right now, I am pro Maks and Misty.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They kept everyone in suspense by announcing one by one who was safe. Then that couple would dance. No surprise to me, Jeffrey Ross was eliiminated first.

Toni and Brooke seem to be the judges faves so far. I thought Misty deserved a higher score, though.

Rocco can go next, IMO. But who knows how the fans voted.