Lilys Colorpoint question

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got a question regarding Lily's color. I have learned from others that she is a colorpoint and probably seal point? I had looked up seal point kittens and up until a couple days ago thats exactly what I thought she was....Now her nose and up to the middle of her eyes is a chocolate brown color and she has the same brown around the edges/rim of her ears. All of her other spots on her tail, feet, face and legs are the same blueish/gray. Also depending on the day her eyes go from blue to green!!! Its not a dark green but its for sure not blue. I thought colorpoint kitties eyes stayed blue???

Anyone got any ideas on if she is a different "color" or colorpoint then seal? and any ideas on the eyes?

I'd take a new pic of her but my camera for some reason wont stay charged and it keeps draining new batteries the instant I put them in...but if i get it working i'll post a new pic if needed.....

Thanks!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might wind up as a "Mink" color - they would have blue/green or green eye color. Look up Tonkinese cats and see the kittens. Tonks were created from Burmese and Siamese. They are pointed and solid colors, but the points are blended in more and the eye color winds up an aqua shade (blue/green) cause of the blue eyes from the Siamese and the gold eyes of a Burmese.

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see you've already solved her mystery, but for future reference, another way to check color, from what I understand, at least between Chocolate and Seals, is by looking at their paw pads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jillie.

I have looked up the Tonkinese and she doesnt quite look like like that.

What would be the difference in the paw pads between chocolate and seals?

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the Lily in your signature is the Lily in question, then she looks like a Seal Lynx Point to me! From the picture, I would guess she's a Ragdoll, but I don't know where you got her.

My grandmother had a Seal Lynx Pt. Siamese. Tell me if these are similar markings-
(this is me as a kid with Foo- on Halloween obviously!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jillie

If the Lily in your signature is the Lily in question, then she looks like a Seal Lynx Point to me! From the picture, I would guess she's a Ragdoll, but I don't know where you got her.

My grandmother had a Seal Lynx Pt. Siamese. Tell me if these are similar markings-
(this is me as a kid with Foo- on Halloween obviously!)
Yes they are similiar, only difference really is foo is much darker, but im assuming thats an age thing..

Lily is the daughter of Buttons - in my siggy, and Ziggers, my other cat ..here are them together , so this is why I was confused in the beginning on how these 2 produced a pure white kitten ( at birth )..lol but we got all that figured out that both Ziggers and Buttons had to be a carrier.

Ziggers & Buttons ( mom & dad )

Larger one of Lily so you can see a bit more...

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's pricesless! And I'd definitely say a Seal Lynx Point

And yes, with any pointed cat, or animal for that matter, the color on the points darken with age. They are controlled by temperature, so that the pigment is washed out except in the cool parts of the body, ie the face and extremities. She will also get darker if she gains too much weight