Vetinsurance.com - Anyone know if its for real?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all,

My sister just bought pet insurance from this company...and it really seems too good to be true. (She is SO gullible)

Trout would be $26.50 per month, it covers accident and illness, $20,000 over lifetime, with NO limits per year, claim, illness, procedure, or condition and they pay 90% of an approved claim with no deductible.

Does anyone know about this? Check it out and tell me what you think..

www.vetinsurance.com

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have it for my dog and I regret ever buying insurance from them. I've spoken to two clinics about them and both have said that out of all the companies they've dealt with, this one gives them the most grief, i.e. continually finds a way not to pay out.

Such was/is the case with my dog. I claimed for some vet bills lately and they're saying it was all "pre-existing" -- apparently, that's their favorite line.

Our claims are in dispute right now, going to a 3rd party vet, and if the verdict is that liver disease was indeed pre-existing (it was not), I'm canceling my policy right away. They keep asking my vet to write letters because they go by what the vet writes/says, but my vet has written two letters now, and they still say it's not good enough. I'm tired of dealing with them.

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephenq

Look at http://www.petinsurancereview.com/

Interestingly the one you're looking at has the highest rating among canadian companies.
That's exactly why I went with them over PetCare in the first place - because of their rad ratings online. My mistake.

Oh yeah, those reviews about the massive premium increases are true. I was paying $48.95 for my dog's monthly premium. All of a sudden two months ago, they increased it to around $62.31. That is a HUGE jump. If I want it to decrease, then deductibles will have to be paid on a per claim basis.

For my specific plan:
* A $100 deductible will reduce your monthly premium to $56.03
* A $250 deductible will reduce your monthly premium to $49.00
* A $500 deductible will reduce your monthly premium to $38.90
* A $1000 deductible will reduce your monthly premium to $21.15

That's absurd.