Allow me to Intoroduce Mahself!

izzymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HELLO!
I'm Gail.
THIS is Isabella (Izzy)

This little tyrant came to be with me here about a month ago.
She was born in a parking lot and was rescued by a truck driver with her brothers and sisters and brought to Indiana where she spent her first 3 months on a farm with LOTS of other kittys and puppys and childrens.
My mother knew I was looking for a kitten and when she heard this story from a small shop owner she had to see the furry little floof balls.
Izzy was the first one she saw and the one she ended up going home with.
Izzy enjoyed playing with the family dog Rusty (I called him Crusty) and chasing my grandmother's elder cat around the house.
I moved to Virginia to live with my Hubby-to-be and my parents brought her to me when they came to visit.
Izzy is fully declawed front and back and is Neutered.
She is very tiny and LOVES to play fetch.
She was very shy when we first got her but now she has no qualms about bounding across our bed at 2 am!
Alas, I already love her.
She has truly stolen our hearts!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IzzyMommy

HELLO!
I'm Gail.
THIS is Isabella (Izzy)

This little tyrant came to be with me here about a month ago.
She was born in a parking lot and was rescued by a truck driver with her brothers and sisters and brought to Indiana where she spent her first 3 months on a farm with LOTS of other kittys and puppys and childrens.
My mother knew I was looking for a kitten and when she heard this story from a small shop owner she had to see the furry little floof balls.
Izzy was the first one she saw and the one she ended up going home with.
Izzy enjoyed playing with the family dog Rusty (I called him Crusty) and chasing my grandmother's elder cat around the house.
I moved to Virginia to live with my Hubby-to-be and my parents brought her to me when they came to visit.
Izzy is fully declawed front and back and is Neutered.
She is very tiny and LOVES to play fetch.
She was very shy when we first got her but now she has no qualms about bounding across our bed at 2 am!
Alas, I already love her.
She has truly stolen our hearts!
OK I am going to be a big meanie here, did you have her declawed? Please read up on declawing, it is not a good thing to do.
Aside from that, congrats on your new friend! She sounds like she has setteled in just fine with you and your soon to be hubby!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Gail

I am so glad that you and sweet Izzy have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
What a lovely kitty, Thank you for share!!!

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous Izzy to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! This is a great place with lots of people who you can relate to. Izzy is a beautiful cat and you are a great photographer! I look forward to seeing you around TCS

Helene

Deacon and Douglas' human
RIP my sweet Lady

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

OK I am going to be a big meanie here, did you have her declawed? Please read up on declawing, it is not a good thing to do.
Aside from that, congrats on your new friend! She sounds like she has setteled in just fine with you and your soon to be hubby!
That's what I was thinking. We don't declaw cats in Australia as far as I know, never heard of it until I joined forums.
Hello & welcome to tcs. Izzy is very cute.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS.
This is a great place, with great people
and great advice. Glad to have you as part of our family.

Rob & Sport

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to put my 2c worth in regarding the declawing issue. Since this is already a done deal, why even bring it up at all? All our cat lover friends here are welcome and we want everyone to feel accepted and free to to either just talk, get advise, or just drop in to say hello! So, again, I say glad to have you.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lady20

Just wanted to put my 2c worth in regarding the declawing issue. Since this is already a done deal, why even bring it up at all? All our cat lover friends here are welcome and we want everyone to feel accepted and free to to either just talk, get advise, or just drop in to say hello! So, again, I say glad to have you.
I think the reason people bring it up is because they don't want it to be thought of as "normal" and/or "common" in todays world. If I didn't know anything about declawing and came across someone introducing themselves with a declawed cat, I would think its "normal" and "common" to have a declawed cat. If people who don't know much about declawing were made more aware of the impact it can have on a cat, it would lead to less kitties being declawed......thats all!

Welcome Izzymommy to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

izzymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where I am from, all indoor cats are declawed either all 4 paws or just the front ones.
Here in Virginia where i live its required by all apartment leases.
In fact as far as i can remember every cat i have ever had has been declawed.
The vet we take them to is very very good and they always heal ahead of schedule.
Izzy's feet are just fine.
She has no sore toes or anything like that, I play with them allt the time.
She will never go outside without a harness and lead or in a crate.
Her domain is our apartment and she does just fine.
She thunders through it at 2 am just like any normal hyper-active cat.
She gets her toys out of tight spaces with no problems.
She is a normal cat.
Caleb and I plan on having children within the next 2 years and I know I will not have to worry about her accidentaly scratching the baby.
And despite popular belief most cats dont get 'BITEY' when they are declawed.
Its all in how you RAISE and TRAIN your cat.
YES YOUR CATS CAN BE TRAINED!!!!
My Izzy is just 6 months old and she plays fetch, comes when she is called, knows what 'NO' means, holds still while i put her harness on her, and when we 'shush' her she quiets down.
6 MONTHS PEOPLE!!!
ALL pets can be trained, even old dogs can be taught new tricks.
It takes time and patience and a bit of presuasion in the form of rewards.
Its not just an animal, its not just a pet, they are CHILDREN.
If your cat pees in your house, rub their nose in it every time they do it.
it will stop.
Action - Reaction.
LIFE
You learned that way.
Why cant they?
We all adapt.
Ever thought about cats who have 3 leggs?
How about neutering and spaying our cats?
Your taking a mother's chance to be a mother away right?
WRONG.
you are preventing thousands of kittens and cats from being destroyed every day.
THINK!!!!
Its why you have a brain!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

izzymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am very dissapointed in this site.
It seems you either have a cold heartless welcome or you think that i'm some political agent and you need to protest.
I am a person entitled to my own opinions and I have not forced any of them upon you.
This is my pet and my responsibility.
I never realised that INTRODUCING myself would make so many of you so hatefull and so spitefull.
I think i'm going to remove my account from this site...
I just wanted some advice, not to be bitched at.
You all make me sick really....