Calling all "House" fans

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a new convert to the show, but I think it is great and have become a bit addicted to it! He shares my cynical attitude of life, though I don't pop vic like candy.
I am playing catch up on the episodes, up to about 2006, early season. I have been you tubing, mostly to see House and Cameron kiss, yea, Im so chicky.
I did see the season opener, cuttthroat B is dead, and Wilson left House. I am dismayed!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I'm so POed. I missed the season premier last week because I thought it came on at 9:00 PM. Turns out it aired at 8:00. I've been meaning to get online and watch it.
I love the show so much, I have seasons 1-3 on DVD and will definately be getting 4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only caught the last half hour, I forgot it was on too!!

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! New season?! I'm in England, we only just watched the end of season 4, and you guys get a whole new season already

I'm envious, and planning to stay out of this thread to avoid reading too many spoilers

I've seen the ads online so I knew Wilson was leaving.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a House watcher too
Only thing that I'm not too keen on is that they seem to be more focused on their inter-personal relationships rather than "solving the medical mystery" I know they have to have some realtionships on the show, but sheesh!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I'm so addicted to this show now. I'm a new convert as well, since USA had a weekend marathon a couple of weeks ago.

Yikes. I've always been a fan of Hugh Laurie's, but he's totally hot in this.

I did notice that there seems to be a patient "seizing" in each episode - before they find out what's wrong with him/her.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am also a recent House addict. Loved last season and may this new one be no different.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm a House watcher too
Only thing that I'm not too keen on is that they seem to be more focused on their inter-personal relationships rather than "solving the medical mystery" I know they have to have some realtionships on the show, but sheesh!
i like the medical stuff better, too.
btw - Amber died last season. [that's Cutthroat B's real name]

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

OMG!!! I'm so addicted to this show now. I'm a new convert as well, since USA had a weekend marathon a couple of weeks ago.

Yikes. I've always been a fan of Hugh Laurie's, but he's totally hot in this.

I did notice that there seems to be a patient "seizing" in each episode - before they find out what's wrong with him/her.
Yep, thats where I got hooked on it! Had it on while I was doing house work, and well, this house took a back seat to that House, lol.
And Yes, he is a sexy thing in this show, in an odd, odd way! (guess it is true, women like the bad boys) Though Chase isn't bad to look at either!
I also didn't realize Hugh Laurie was Prince George in Blackadder! I knew he was a Brit, but OMG!! ( I am a huge fan of Blackadder) I knew something about him looked familiar, now I can't watch the show without picturing him prancing around all stupid!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really like House, I am having to watch re-runs at the moment though!! Dont think there is many left before we get to what we have already seen in the UK, can't wait for the next season though. The one we have just watched was a bit odd, didn't seem the same with a different group dynamic.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

i really like House, I am having to watch re-runs at the moment though!! Dont think there is many left before we get to what we have already seen in the UK, can't wait for the next season though. The one we have just watched was a bit odd, didn't seem the same with a different group dynamic.
I am having that same problem getting used to the team. Playing catch up with the re-runs I am used to the ducklings, though they are still around its just not the same.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another marathon today on USA, 8 episodes from the 2006 season. I have not seen any of them, I am giddy! Starts at 3pm central time here in the states. Enjoy house addicts!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ohh I have been a huge House fan since day one!

I saw the very first episode when it first aired and have been hooked ever since. THEN I got my friends and my family hooked.

ON a distant but related note does anyone here ALSO like SHerlock Holmes?! I got a phone call from my sister who was like OMG I know why we LOVE house! And before she could say it I told her "Because the show is based Sherlock Holmes" down to even his apartment. (his apartment number is the same as Sherlock Holmes) and she said "YES!!!" (My sis and I are HUGE sherlock HOlmes fans)

When you think about it the parallels are amazing...

Dr House - Sherlock Holmes
Wilson = Watson
Sherlock Holmes played the violin to think Dr. House plays the paino
Sherlock was a huge cocaine addict Dr. House is addicted to Vic.
SHerlock Holmes had no friends aside from Watson and was abrasive...so is house.

Etc. Etc....

and the HUGE thing they have in common Sherlock Holmes figured things out from a tiny clue that most people would overlook Dr. House does the same thing.

This might be a far reach but I think Dr. Cutty is like Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes landlady) she doesn't really like him but still takes care of him and watches out for him.

ALSO (sorry I'm a nerd I know) SHerlock Holmes didn't like it when Watson got married...sorta like Wilson and Amber.

ok that is enough of me nerding out now.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been a huge House fan since I first saw it
I have to admit though that I've not seen all of Season 1. I came in on season 2 and have caught a few episodes here and there, but need to rent them sometime.

To me, the show is not as strong as it once was, but its still good. I think every show eventually plays out but House isn't quite there yet I hope

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I started a thread about a TV show, no need to worry about nerding out! The parrallels to the Holmes/Watson relationship are what really interested me though I am not really a reader of the stories, I always meant to! I did like the episodes of TNG where Data played Holmes with Geordie as Watson, (whos the geek now, lol) Think Im gonna start a Trek thread...

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about the marathon last night when I was watching USA's nightly airing of House.

I've got my late afternoon and evening planned. Hee-hee.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got into House last year but I did catch a few episodes before here and there. Now, one question....was there a whole season where House's leg was fine or was it just a few episodes before we found out it was a dream? That really confused me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a "House" fan, until last year when they did practically a whole cast change. Now I don't care whether I tune in or not.

There was also another season that I tuned out of after a couple of shows, and that was when the cop was harassing everyone at the hospital because of House.

Now it seems that Wilson is leaving, so it's another reason for me to not bother watching.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I just got into House last year but I did catch a few episodes before here and there. Now, one question....was there a whole season where House's leg was fine or was it just a few episodes before we found out it was a dream? That really confused me.
actually, both. first, there was a dream one where he dreamed he'd had a particular experimental treatment that had cured him. [coma/shock dream, i think - he'd been shot.] when he awoke, he requested the treatment. it worked... for a while.