mmmm, ahhhhh, BACON

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just fried up a package of it for BLTs tonight. You know what bacon is? I'll tell ya, it's food SIN.
Not good for you but sooooooooo good to eat. Anyone want to come over for dinner?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mmmm I love bacon and BLTs are yummy. Theres a Chinese place near my house that makes some kind of stir fry with pork belly, which is basically bacon LOL. I never order it but the boyfriend does and I usually steal some of it from him :p

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon, pork sausage, ham, its all good!
The best pancaks ever I make (why did I just start talking like Yoda, anyway) Cook bacon and pork sausage, drain (saving the fat of course) make pancake mix, pour into skillet, add crumbled pork products and blueberries. Eat, have heart attack, go on about your day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Bacon, pork sausage, ham, its all good!
The best pancaks ever I make (why did I just start talking like Yoda, anyway) Cook bacon and pork sausage, drain (saving the fat of course) make pancake mix, pour into skillet, add crumbled pork products and blueberries. Eat, have heart attack, go on about your day.
OMG,

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love bacon and there is now bacon with chocolate on it and I just bet its yummy Rachel Ray had it on her show advertising it.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This reminds me, there is a place outside of College Station (where I'm from)called Sodalack's. It's actually located in Snook, TX, a really small town. Anyway, they make chicken friend bacon and serve it with cream gravy. I've always wanted to try it but have been scared of having a heart attack afterwards even though I'm only 24 LOL. They have a youtube video about it.

Also wanted to say that their steaks are friggen huge there. A small is as big as the plate. I don't know how people can eat the bigger ones than that LOL

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yummy!
I love everything about bacon, the way it smells when you cook it, the way it tastes.

I think I might make BLT's for supper tonight too

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yum!!!! I love BLTs! Crispy bacon, fresh lettuce and red red ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced. They have to red and ripe, no green or yellow. The bread must be sour dough or french bread, toasted.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No no no, silly bacon eater! Sour dough bread is just wrong for a BLT, overpowers the flavors of the sammich! A good french bread I can get onboard with.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love bacon!

When I roast a chicken or turkey I lay raw bacon over the breast part so it's completely covered and then roast it. Towards the end I take off the bacon which is completely cooked by then, and let the chicken or turkey skin crisp up. I then use the bacon for bacon bits in a salad, or on sandwiches.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon....RULES!! I love bacon on turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, subs, burgers and inside of grill cheese sandwiches.

A grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, tomato and mayo inside of it is da bomb.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon...and as Emeril would say, pork fat, is divine stuff (though I only eat the sugar-free, low sodium variety now, I have fond memories of hickory smoked or a good maple bacon).

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

No no no, silly bacon eater! Sour dough bread is just wrong for a BLT, overpowers the flavors of the sammich! A good french bread I can get onboard with.
You're going to hate me then. This thread about bacon inspired me to make BLTs for lunch today. I went to the store and wanted crusty bread to make it with, well the only crusty bread I could choose from was sourdough. Maybe you won't hate me though since it's all I had to choose from LOL. I put a little butter on the slices and toasted it in the oven then put lettuce and two tomato slices on each. Also some Hellmans mayo on each slice (I'm already eating bacon so why not just make it more unhealthy, I eat healthy most of the time, I deserve it lol. It was yummy and the boyfriend also liked it, thanks for the inspiration!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<sniff> <sniff>

I think I can smell it in the air

Guess what DD just went to the store to buy?!

Originally Posted by Essayons89

Bacon....RULES!!

A grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, tomato and mayo inside of it is da bomb.
PS - I think I might have to try that grilled cheese with bacon
Maybe with mozzarella even!

Ohhh - what about grilled cheese with bacon and egg?! yum - I'm making myself hungry