Hi Everyone :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to take a moment to say 'Hi' and introduce myself and my two fuzzballs. I live with my husband in Ontario, Canada and work in Marketing and Promotions.

Freya and Cotton are both rescues that my family has lovingly dubbed my "Busted Cats."

Freya sort of came with our house. She showed up on our porch the day after we moved in, all skin and bones with her messed-up eye and necrotic tail. Two years, plenty of food and several trips to the vet later (they ALL know Freya at our vet's office
) here she is:

Cotton came from a rescue group about a year and a half ago now as a non-dominant friend for Freya (who hates being alone). He was found on the fringes of a feral colony after a big storm so he's missing a few claws (broken off and haven't grown back in) his face and ears are a bit wrinkly from frostbite and he has no front teeth aside from his fangs. Despite that, he's still our big handsome boy:

Even though they're both a bit battered, we figure we have all the bits of an enitre cat between them and they manage well enough.

Nice to meet everyone.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome!
Good for you taking in these kittys! I had a rescue cat, 17 when we got her, bum eye and only 3 teeth. She was the sweetest most loving cat I have ever had.
Shelters would have had a very hard time adopting your cats out, not exactly the picture perfect cute little kitten.
So glad there are people that care in this world, almost makes me a little less cynical!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Bravo to you for giving these two special kitties a loving, forever home.

They are adorable.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for taking these cats in. I volunteer at a shelter, and they would probably both be put to sleep as soon as they served their required hold.

Does Freya still have her eye at all? There was a discussion here a while back about sewing the lids shut of missing eyes to reduce infections, and I wondered what you had heard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone, for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Does Freya still have her eye at all? There was a discussion here a while back about sewing the lids shut of missing eyes to reduce infections, and I wondered what you had heard.
She does still have the eye, it's just a bit deflated. The vet kept a close watch on it for the first 6 months, and still checks it at all her annual visists, but there was no infection or ulcers so he saw no reason to remove it. We guess she might have a tiny bit of her vision in it, but for all intents and purposes, it is a blind side. Her depth perception is a bit sketchy at times.

If she'd had any probelms with the eye, it probably would have been removed and sewn shut - as it is, we may have to get a bit of her lower eyelid removed to prevent possible future irritation, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Bless you for taking these little rescues in

My RB cat Tabitha had no tail bcuz it was caught in a car clamp

Those are 2 beautiful babies you have there, no matter how 'battered' they are.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS.
This is a great place, with great people
and great advice. Glad to have you as part of our family.

Rob & Sport