*****KatKwiz! - Sep 20 -*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look up at the navigation bar running horizontally across your screen, you will see the Search link. Here you type in the keyword or phrase you wish to search for, and select either Show Threads or Show Posts. You would then select Go to view the results.*

If you pick Show Posts, you will be shown only _______(one or more words)_______.

*We have spent enough time on the Advanced Search for a while but we have never talked about doing a simple search. Perhaps it is not so simple for everybody, it wasn't for me at one time.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you pick Show Posts, you will be shown only the actual post in which the search word appears

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You will be shown the individual posts, not grouped together in threads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

If you pick Show Posts, you will be shown only the actual post in which the search word appears
You got that one! Word for word. Information like this can often be found under FAQ, on the navigation bar above. Select that and then General Forum Usage. Next, Searhing Forums and Threads, and finally, How do I search for something.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YAM102284 - 2,000 POINTS!

No extra points to give away today. The Kats gave away 24,000 extra points yesterday. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

You got that one! Word for word. Information like this can often be found under FAQ, on the navigation bar above. Select that and then General Forum Usage. Next, Searhing Forums and Threads, and finally, How do I search for something.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YAM102284 - 2,000 POINTS!

No extra points to give away today. The Kats gave away 24,000 extra points yesterday. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Thank you!