Stuff is starting to turn around

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone I just wanted to give you all an update on some of the things that I have been posting about recently.

Lets start out with the most recent, I got all my bills sent to me in the mail and it looks like I might have about 100 dollars left over this month, not including my paychecks. Now here is hoping that that 100 dollars gets saved and doesn't get spent on things I don't need, though I guess it could go towards paying off my radio shack credit card bill because I had to charge some stuff on that last week and I want to get that paid off as soon as possible.

I got on the scale yesterday and for the first time in a VERY long time it read 352.0 pounds
. That means since I had weight loss surgery I have lost a total of 70 pounds. If I were on track I am supposed to be down to 350 pounds so that 6 pound weight gain didn't really affect me that much last month and it looks like by next week I could be saying good by to the 350's for the first time since 2003. I have not missed a work out since I started them about 3 weeks ago and I am starting to see the difference. My chin is starting to retract as well as my chest but I know I have a LONG ways to go.

My boss got a new budget approved so he was able to start offering evening hours and he offered me 4 more hours a week to work which pretty much made my night last night. So instead of 2 hours a week I will be working 6 hours a week starting on Monday
. Which also means an extra 24 dollars a week, not enough to live on by any means but it will be nice to have that money in the bank and in a savings account where it can earn interest. I really love this job and, when its not slow, it can be really rewarding and a true test of how much I have learned while in college.

I am 3/16's of the way though the semester and it hasn't killed me yet. My grades are okay but not spectacular. I have 3 A's, 1 B, and 2 D's. The B is in Advanced calculus which I was worried I wouldn't even pass. We have another assignment due on Monday that I haven't even started yet and most people have been having trouble with so it looks like I am in for a fun weekend...I need to learn to stop putting things off. Those grades aren't to bad considering that I have 3 senior(400) level classes and 3 sophmore(200) level classes to contend with. My D's are in Abnormal Psychology and Physics. I just had brain farts on the graded things in those classes and they lowered my grade but as the semester goes on I am sure those will come back up.

Now with me taking 7 classes(the 7th starts in about a month), working 6 hours a week, and working out 3 times a week there is very little time for Tomnus right now but when I come home I am sure to take out his favorite toy and play with him a little bit before starting homework. He also likes to sleep with me at night with it being colder so I think we get enough time together. Actually I think he likes the time to himself because he doesn't have me constantly bugging him. He does still meow for about 15 minutes when I come home and he has to be the center of attention so I can forget about making phone calls or going to the bathroom when I first get home.

Well thats about it, vibes would be nice to see that things continue this way.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

...I am 3/16's of the way though the semester...
You are definitely in the right major, my friend!

Very glad to hear things are working out better for you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
how long ago was your surgery & what kind was it? are you doing your supplements?
mine was close to 3 years ago - Lap RNY, bypassed 150cm, transected. i've lost 130 pounds so far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
December 28, 2006 was the date of my surgery and I had lap lapband and I have lost 70 so far. The only thing I need to take is a chewable multi-vitamin and no I'm not currently taking one(haven't for about 3-4 months now...and my hair shows it).

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

December 28, 2006 was the date of my surgery and I had lap lapband and I have lost 70 so far. The only thing I need to take is a chewable multi-vitamin and no I'm not currently taking one(haven't for about 3-4 months now...and my hair shows it).
yeah, LapBand has different rules/restrictions because the malabsorptive aspect isn't there. altho most people will lose weight more quickly if drinking at least 1 protein shake a day. no one's really sure why, tho - there's been some speculation on my WLS bulletin boards that it's because the higher nutrient level keeps the body from thinking it's starving [due to low food intake] & thus holding on to every ingested calorie.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you! Just typing the words "Advanced calculus" makes my brian go into shutdown mode, lol.
for the weight loss, you are well on you way to being a healthier you!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the weight loss!!
You might want to pick up a bottle of multi vitamins at the local big box store and start taking one in the morning.
It usually takes 21 days for something to be a habit so your are at that point with the exercising-keep it up!!

Keep on studing hard those grades will come up (check with the profs to see what you need to do to reach a higher grade).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually lie to my doctor and tell him I'm taking my vitamins but one good look at my head tells differently. I am 23 years old and have a definite bald spot due to lack of vitamins. I also have very brittle nails and my toenails are at the point where they have almost completely stopped growing. Nice for grooming but a little worrisome. I have 3 bottels of chewable Centrum in my medicine cabinet I just forget to take them.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woooo congrats on getting extra hours I know how good it feels to know that there will be a little bit of extra money

good luck wit h the rest of your semester and star taking those pills mister!