Question of the day Sept 20th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question is.

What are your favorite breakfast items?

Most of the time for breakfast I will have a hot chocolate, yogurt and maybe toast. However if I am home for the day and want a special breakfast here it is..

French toast, with maple syrup, sausages, and apple juice..

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs, 3, over medium, and 2 slices of toast for dunking into the yoke. Throw some ham into that and just yum. Sorry pigs, but you are tasty.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love having scrambled eggs (light n fluffy with no brown spots) with toast. But I don't have enough time to do that every morning, so during the work week, I usually have a bowl of cereal and a glass of water.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most mornings it's a cup of coffee and a Little Debbie peanut butter bar. If I
had someone else to cook for me
I'd have french toast (no cinnamon, thank you, powdered sugar instead) and several pieces of limp bacon. Yummmmmmm.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade blueberry pancakes with light butter and blueberry syrup, turkey bacon, and fried egg whites
(I hate egg yolks!)

I also make some yummy french toast I like too

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mmmm, I think I am going to have to go get some eggs now!!

I NEVER eat breakfast. I should. I know. If I did, it would be something super easy like Cin and Brown sugar instant oatmeal.

But when I make it on the weekends. Mmm....

Either an egg sandwich, just scrambled and folded egg (made with a little milk so they get fluffy) little salt and pepper. White bread and mayo. Mmmmm.

OR

Crispy, but still soft (very hard to accomplish) bacon. With 4 dippy eggs and toast w/butter to dip in the yokes. Ah, yes. You must fry the dippy eggs in the grease of the bacon. Oh my...so good. SOOO bad, but soooo good.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooove corned beef hash for breakfast.

But most mornings, it is coffee, a banana, and a mug with granola and vanilla soy milk.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My breakfast is usually my favorite meal of Sunflowerseed Butter and Rasberry All Fruit on Honey Whole Wheat with either strawberries, blueberries, grapes or a banana and soymilk.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uncle Hershel special for Cracker Barrel 2 eggs over med, country ham, toast, hashbrown casserole. Biscuists & gravy (which i don't eat I bring home for my adopted mom) DH say's my hashbrown casserole is better, but if I eat at Cracker barrell I don't have to do dishes

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

My breakfast is usually my favorite meal of Sunflowerseed Butter and Rasberry All Fruit on Honey Whole Wheat with either strawberries, blueberries, grapes or a banana and soymilk.
Well that just sounds far too healthy, away with you!! LOL!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Work days, I seldom get a real breakfast, but do have a glass of orange juice before I leave for work, and sometimes a cinnamon bun with my coffee in the office.

Non-work days are another story. We do brunch mid-late morning, which can be any of several favourites, all featuring either bacon or eggs or both: waffles or French Toast with whatever fresh fruit is available and bacon on the side; Eggs Benedict or some variation on that theme; simple bacon and scramblies with toast; but I think if I had to choose one it would be a good English-style fry-up, known in our house as "Dirty Eggs".

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work at a restaurant on the weekends and my 2 favorite things are a belgian waffle with cinnamon apples and whipped cream and the other is I put hashbrownsin the bottom of a bowl and top them with diced sausage and 2 extremely over easy eggs and then liberally sprinkle shredded cheddar over it...then I mash it all together
it is sooooooo good!

I also am a big fan of eggs benedict....maybe I'll get that tomorrow

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My usual is bacon and eggs with a side of celery or brocoli, a favorite is green beans carbonara (a recipe of mine), but for special - once a week, my favorite is a Dutch Baby made with thin slices of apple, with fresh grated nutmeg and some cinnamon in the dough, bit of real maple syrup...or...a breakfast sandwich of roasted red pepper, cheesey egg omelet with scallions, sugar-free bacon.

Yum.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of a lot of these food items for breakfast.
I think you all are very weird! j/k lol

My fav breakfast items include;
scrambled eggs
bacon!
sausage or diced ham
biscuit & gravy
crispy hash browns
orange juice (fresh squeezed is awesome!)