Vote for August - Lend a Helping Paw

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for all of the wonderful entries for the August Photo Contest - Lend a Helping Paw! Congratulations to our finalists, as determined by our site team. To make it fair, we did institute a rule that we could not vote for our own pictures. We were each allowed to vote for 10 photos, and these constitute the ones that 1/2 of us voted for. (I want to make this as transparent as possible so everyone knows this is a fair process.)

This poll will be open for 1 week. Each member can vote for one of our finalists, and you can vote for your own photo if you want to. You did not have to enter a photo to be able to vote. The top photos will be featured in a 2009 Calendar that will be offered for sale through Cafe Press at the TCS Store.
An example of what the calendar may look like is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../Example-1.jpg Please note I used the first 3 photos in alphabetical order, it is not refective of the team vote or my own personal views.

The top 3 will receive points (1st: 5000 points, 2nd: 2500 points, 3rd: 1000 points) and a custom signature showing the whole site that they have Mr./Ms. August on TCS! And, of course, bragging rights.
The winner will also have a 2009 TCS Calendar that will go on sale later this year sent to them!

The photos will appear in the next post, in alphabetical order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Belle making sure she can see the squirrels & birds

Blue makes an excellent receptionist

Cable showing where the missing copy of Phule Me Twice is

Enzo helping with the groceries

Fawn helping Daddy do taxes

Luna helping hang stuff

Marcie helping with the sewing

Milo helping Mommy find a job

Miss Patchwillow helping keep the jigsaw puzzle pieces on the table

Skye helping untangle Christmas lights

Sophie helping put up the Christmas garland

The Kitty Lifeguards making sure the water is safe

Tonks helping with Thank You cards

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My poor kittens will be so disappointed that they failed to make it to the finals for 4 months straight. Maybe the 5th time will be the charm? lol

Question though, the picture I entered of Teddy and the mouse is pretty funny. Are you allowed to enter the same picture for different months? Although if it wasn't good enough for August, it probably won't be good enough for September either.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

Question though, the picture I entered of Teddy and the mouse is pretty funny. Are you allowed to enter the same picture for different months? Although if it wasn't good enough for August, it probably won't be good enough for September either.
Yes, you can enter the same picture for different months.
Kim entered the adorable picture of Dante and Dennis a few times before it made the finals and was ultimately voted in. One thing that might help is entering the full sized picture.

Don't feel too bad about not making the finals. I've entered what I thought were good pictures every month and have only made the finals once! (So you know it's not about popularity with the mods.
)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

My poor kittens will be so disappointed that they failed to make it to the finals for 4 months straight. Maybe the 5th time will be the charm? lol
Awww poor kittens!
Don't feel bad though. I thought Maxx helping me pack and move was hilarious! But there are just so much cuteness out there. And for me, I think it's all in the eye of the beholder (Me).

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so excited my Skye made it
. That just made my day.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i remained loyal... altho Miss Patchwillow sorely tempted me!

I'll have to try harder the next time. Maybe I can tempt you more with the September photo.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another tough choice to make, but those "kitty lifeguards" just cracked me up!

Congrats to everyone who made the finals!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaaargh! I didn't vote because I couldn't decide. What a dork I am. Congrats to EVERYONE in the poll because they were soooo cute!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Belle has somthing to say!

Oh that is SO cute!

Congratulations to all of the finalist - this one was really the hardest one to narrow down so far, and the hardest (for me anyway) to choose only one to vote for!

Big congratulations to our top three helpful kitties!

1st Place - zooeysmom's Belle
2nd Place - FatCat97's Kitty Lifegards
3rd Place -GoldyCat's Miss Patchwillow

You'll be getting your award points from Contest Kitty shortly, and your signatures will be posted in this thread.