New and with some questions

imnotsodumb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,
I am new here (and probably one of the few males as well). Currently I cannot have any animals due to my temporary housing situation, however once I leave I am certainly going to adopt a cat and dog.

In the meantime however I am starting to put together a catalog of quality pet supplies as a means of curbing my desire to have some animal company.

What I am wondering from you all is what kind of pet supplies would you like to see an improvement on? Anything in particular that you like or don't like?

I'm not going to link to my store for obvious reasons right now (post count) but any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Steve

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'll move this to the Cat Lounge where we have more general discussions.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ImNotSoDumb

Hello all,
I am new here (and probably one of the few males as well). Currently I cannot have any animals due to my temporary housing situation, however once I leave I am certainly going to adopt a cat and dog.

In the meantime however I am starting to put together a catalog of quality pet supplies as a means of curbing my desire to have some animal company.

What I am wondering from you all is what kind of pet supplies would you like to see an improvement on? Anything in particular that you like or don't like?

I'm not going to link to my store for obvious reasons right now (post count) but any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Steve
I just wanted to say welcome Steve.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they made a water Drinking Fountain out of stainless steel rather then plastic, I'd be more interested in buying one. My cats are not fed out of plastic bowls and they drink out of ceramic or Corella dishes. They already make dog/cat dishes out of the stainless steel - why not the water fountain?

So that's my suggestion.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And 'way easier to clean, too! We recently discovered that our PetMate drinking fountain was full of gunk, probably from hard water, and we had so much trouble trying to get it really clean that we've just put it away and gone back to stainless-steel bowls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imnotsodumb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome, and I like the suggestion. I assume you are talking about a replenishing dish and not a simple stainless steel bowl? Do you have any pictures of what you would be comparing it to or something similar to what you have in mind?

Thanks again,
Steve

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And 'way easier to clean, too! We recently discovered that our PetMate drinking fountain was full of gunk, probably from hard water, and we had so much trouble trying to get it really clean that we've just put it away and gone back to stainless-steel bowls.
We used to have a Petmate as well and it didn't last very long. Now we have a Drinkwell and it's a much better product. We use water from our cooler to fill the Drinkwell. It's filtered three times before it gets to their precious mouths.

We have VERY hard well water and even though it has a massive filtering system, I still won't drink it and I sure won't let the cats drink it,I can only imagine what it would do to the fountain. I've seen what it does to the toilets and sinks! A steel receptacle would be a great improvement.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome Steve! Continuing from the pet fountain discussion ..

I'd like one which is battery operated rather than one needing an outlet. That's because I have to find a spot in which my kitty would rather drink from and not one that is closest to the power outlet.
And stainless steel would be awesome too of course!