I am looking at other breeds of cats now besides the Sphynx

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I would like something Asian or Exotic or a Russian Blue.
Hey got your pm, will reply soon, checking out a couple of breeders for you on the Sphynx.

Meanwhile - I know a lot of aby breeders!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean Oriental or Cornish Rex type? I know some good RB breeders too - give me a list of breeds and I'll help you out with a few catteries.

You haven't any luck with the other Sphynx breeders from the list (there was at least 6 of them) ????

You can always join the Ocicat owners. Jack's breeder has a few kittens available in January

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to both of you.
I havent had any luck so far.
I do mean Oriental or Cornish Rex type.
I am also interested in RB and Ocicats.
I tried about 4 Sphynx Breeders so far.
The one in Merced is close to me and dosent answer.
My husband dosent want me to have a kitten shipped because he worked for a Airline and saw alot of cats come in dead.
We can drive to Nevada and So Cal.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't think you can go wrong with either Oriental Shorthair or Cornish Rex - my 2 favourite breeds! I am sorry it didn't work out for you with the Sphynx, I hope you have better luck this time round

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was fine up until Aug then she kept saying she would send pics.
She said sorry but nothing ever came.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have time to look now, but promise to look over the weekend and post what I found for you.

Too bad about the shipping - I've shipped cats and have had cats shipped to me many times and NO problems at all! It might happen on occasion, but rarely now.

Out of 4 rexes I've owned, 3 were shipped to me and one was shipped to the breeders twice.

We drove 6 hrs to get Charlie, but Jack will be shipped. I have no fear of shipping animals.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will talk to my husband about that. He will drive to get the kitten even if its a 8 hour drive.
I like Devon Rexes also.
Thanks for the help.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering the fact that many a US breeder has shipped to Asia without problems, I wonder what it is that has your husband concerned. Of course, I can't talk...I'm actually flying to the US to pick up and bring home my new girl in cabin!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He worked for United and he saw some dead cats come in.
My Yoshi was part Aby and the first time we went to the vet she said oh what a nice aby. I had not even told her he had aby in him.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know if the ship tp smaller airports?
The Aitport here is small.
We can always drive to Sfo,Oak,Sac or San Jose though.
My Husband worked at Sfo for over 33 years.
They all are about 2 hours from here.
I do not want to lose a kitten because my husband is afraid to have it shipped.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two contacts that are airline attendants. On their off hours, they transport cats for me. They charge about the same as shipping, but they get a free flight and carry the cat with them in the cabin. It is attended to at all times. They make money, have a free trip, and meet the new owner at the airport. It is a perfect arrangement.

I only do this now. I trust them. I just couldn't stand to see the kitten being taken away like cargo. My anxiety was just too high. The new owners love it, as well, because they have someone hand them the kitten at the airport. Personal service that doesn't cost any more than regular shipping - and sometimes less.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am also interested in RB and Ocicats.
Ocicat, Ocicat, Ocicat!!!

I agree, you should reconsider shipping. All 3 of my babies were shipped to me, a long day of at least 7-8 hours in a carrier but all were just fine.

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am telling you guys, Airline attendants. It works great! I just schedule it with them and the kitten never leaves a person during the whole trip.

Also, check out some red eye flights. Sometimes, you can fly in and out with your kitten at a lower cost than having it shipped.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you aren't having luck with Sphynx breeders. I would also say to reconsider your shipping ban, as I have had animals shipped no problem twice. But I do research the flights carefully and am up to date on everything to do with it. It should be temp controlled and a direct flight. You are able to have updates go to your phone and keep in touch with staff regarding the status of your animal. Another idea, you fly to where kitty is and fly the kitten back with you. If you buy plane tickets enough in advance it can be a good deal if you pick a really great breeder with the right cat for you. Don't compromise on the breed of cat to live with you for the next 25 years. Keep trying.
Another idea, keep going to shows in your area.

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Do you know if the ship tp smaller airports?
The Aitport here is small.
We can always drive to Sfo,Oak,Sac or San Jose though.
My Husband worked at Sfo for over 33 years.
They all are about 2 hours from here.
I do not want to lose a kitten because my husband is afraid to have it shipped.
It depends on where the kitten would come from. I just had a kitten shipped on Continental from Florida and she arrived in Sacramento absolutely fine. There were other cats on the same flight. I do know that there are some airlines that will fly into Fresno. Continental can ship year-round since they transport the cats in temperature controlled vehicles to and from the plane and the cargo area is temperature controlled.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been watching your posts on Sphynx for some time now. So today I talked to a very good friend of mine who breeds Sphynx and is also a respected judge in TICA.
He has at least one kitten ready to go now (I saw this one at the show today) and quite a few young kittens that would be ready in a month or two.

I explained you're on the opposite coast and the kitten would need to be shipped. No problem on his part.

I can put you in touch if you like.