I'm working from home.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to the disgusting mold conditon in our office, result of leaking roof, that was never fixed properly from years ago when it got rained in.

I can't stand to be in the office. I was there tuesday for an hour, and had a sore throat, headache, and heavy eyes the rest of the day.

the only reason my coworkers and I can work from home is we have a union and made a BIG stink about it last time. But the poor clerical and secretaries have to stay there. My one friend has asthma, she can't take it, and she has been out sick.

Anyhoo, the cats are getting spoiled, as am I. I think we are expected to return in two weeks. We'll see. I am not going in there for an extended period, unless I can take it.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you contacted the health department?

Certain types of mold can be highly toxic, especially to those with complications like allergies or asthma!

It should really be evaluated for the safety of all the workers involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, county officials have been contacted, and the air was checked and according to our superiors, it is ok to be in there. Well, it is not, people are getting sick. supposedly, we are sent home because the other side of the office is being worked on, so they can use our work space.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that sucks. Im glad they are letting you work from home for now. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

yes, county officials have been contacted, and the air was checked and according to our superiors, it is ok to be in there. Well, it is not, people are getting sick. supposedly, we are sent home because the other side of the office is being worked on, so they can use our work space.
some people are more sensitive to molds than others - i know i am.
the year i taught 2nd grade, one of the windows in my room leaked when it rained. there was carpet on the floor. the room didn't smell or anything, but i had about 6 sinus infections that year, & developed asthma [never had it before]. after that year was over, i moved to a new room - & the asthma disappeared. [they also ripped up the carpet near the windows & replaced it with tile - after i was out of there
]

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May you have a LONG from home working time

may they also fix the issue