I love trying new foods

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and liking them. Last week I discovered a lettuce and cheese sandwich with mayo and hotsauce.
I'm totally hooked on that.
Also sourkraut on toast with mayo is pretty good. I know what all of you are thinking, I'm not pregnant
I just enjoy food even if the combination is weird.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

and liking them. Last week I discovered a lettuce and cheese sandwich with mayo and hotsauce.
Also sourkraut on toast with mayo is pretty good. I know what all of you are thinking, I'm not pregnant
I never use a recipe for anything, just throw weird stuff together and it usually is pretty darn good. The problem is when you want it again and cannot remember exactly how you made it. But like you say, that way you get something new to try each time. I think I will go upstairs and throw myself together a lettuce and cheese sandwich with mayo and hotsauce!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cousin likes experimenting with food and 98% of the time he comes up with something awesome!

I'm not much on experimenting on dishes, but I'll experiment with sauces.

I came up with a great BBQ sauce that you put on the meat as it is cooking. It's salsa, dijon mustard and BBQ sauce. About equal parts. You puree the salsa.

I just tried something new...Tapatio hot sauce mixed with mayo. GREAT on burgers!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I never use a recipe for anything, just throw weird stuff together and it usually is pretty darn good. The problem is when you want it again and cannot remember exactly how you made it. But like you say, that way you get something new to try each time. I think I will go upstairs and throw myself together a lettuce and cheese sandwich with mayo and hotsauce!
Let me know how you like it Lee.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Last week I discovered a lettuce and cheese sandwich with mayo and hotsauce.
No wonder your stomach bothers you! You're a glutton for punishment, huh?

I'm not adventurous with foods at all. I'm a very picky eater and have to be careful what I eat if I don't want to pay for it later. Though that doesn't stop me sometimes and I'll eat something I know will make me sick.
I'm more likely to try different vegetables and vegetable dishes. No spicy foods, though, my mouth is too sensitive.

The weirdest combinations I can think of that I like is plain potato chips with milk chocolate and a ham (or smoked turkey), sweet pickle, pineapple, and sharp cheddar sandwich - very good but the pineapple makes a mess. Mmm, I want one of those sandwiches right now.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

No wonder your stomach bothers you! You're a glutton for punishment, huh?

I'm not adventurous with foods at all. I'm a very picky eater and have to be careful what I eat if I don't want to pay for it later. Though that doesn't stop me sometimes and I'll eat something I know will make me sick.
I'm more likely to try different vegetables and vegetable dishes. No spicy foods, though, my mouth is too sensitive.

The weirdest combinations I can think of that I like is plain potato chips with milk chocolate and a ham (or smoked turkey), sweet pickle, pineapple, and sharp cheddar sandwich - very good but the pineapple makes a mess. Mmm, I want one of those sandwiches right now.
I'm pretty picky myself

The weirdest thing I like is ham and cheese lunch meat with cheese Doritos and mayo...

I put the Doritos inbetween two peices of the ham and cheese

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Wow I thought I was the only one that puts chips in sandwhiches.
Oh I'm notorious for it!

The other night I made one of these "Dorito Specials" and when Brandon seen it, he HAD to have one

But of course, we're talking about a man who eats garlic and chocolate

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Very common over here, with crisps or hot chips.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ever try a chip and mustard sandwich?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Let me know how you like it Lee.
It turned out pretty good! Of course even going by your recipe, there would be some minor differences and personal touches, like for instance here in Texas the hot sauce would probably be increased...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

It turned out pretty good! Of course even going by your recipe, there would be some minor differences and personal touches, like for instance here in Texas the hot sauce would probably be increased...
Glad you like it.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

WEIRD it sound nucky to me but who am I to say.
My boyfriend always makes me try things that I think I hate and I always end up liking them go figure.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You haven't lived unless you had a peanut butter and dark Karo syrup sandwich. Other syrups are ok too!!. Or skip the bread and pour syrup over peanut butter that you dipped out of the container with a spoon (make dent for syrup!!)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

You haven't lived unless you had a peanut butter and dark Karo syrup sandwich. Other syrups are ok too!!. Or skip the bread and pour syrup over peanut butter that you dipped out of the container with a spoon (make dent for syrup!!)
Hmm, I'll have to give that a try.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the strangest thing I like is probably a raw onion sandwich with nothing but butter on the bread.