A free lunch and a free dinner

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to exercise and then went to my grocery store to get dinner things and a sandwich. My grocery has a sandwich card and it was time to get my free sandwich. I picked up my items while waiting for my number to be called. I gave my order and went to get my sandwich card out of my wallet. I looked in my purse. No wallet!
The woman making my sandwich told me just to ask for the store to cover me as I am a steady customer.

So, I got my sandwich but I had to pay for it because I didn't have my card but I didn't have to pay for the sandwich or the rest of the groceries because I didn't have my wallet. Well, at least not until tomorrow.

I found my wallet at home.

BTW, do you know how slowly and carefully I drove home yesterday?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did that. Left my wallet in my locker at work, and couldn't get back into work to get it. Realized left my wallet in my locker when I was checking out at the grocery store. So I drove very carefully home & very carefully into work the next day!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeeeaahhhh... I've done stuff like that, too... You feel reeeeeaaallly stuuuupid!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was nice of your grocery store to let you get your groceries even when you didn't have your wallet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

That was nice of your grocery store to let you get your groceries even when you didn't have your wallet.
I paid my debt today.

They are nice to me not only because I do shop there about every other day but because the owners and the staff are truly . They are also family-owned and are celebrating their 40th year. There are people to unload your cart and help you to your car. And when you are a steady customer, they always have a hello for you and time to help you get whatever you want. They pick out the best meat for me, give me extra mussels, etc. I talk Spanish with the Spanish help. I don't get that kind of treatment at the big chains.

I love that store.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I paid my debt today.

They are nice to me not only because I do shop there about every other day but because the owners and the staff are truly . They are also family-owned and are celebrating their 40th year. There are people to unload your cart and help you to your car. And when you are a steady customer, they always have a hello for you and time to help you get whatever you want. They pick out the best meat for me, give me extra mussels, etc. I talk Spanish with the Spanish help. I don't get that kind of treatment at the big chains.

I love that store.
It is nice to know there are still some stores left that are like that, they are few and far between in this day and age..

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I did something similar once. I was practicing the organ at church. When I finished I locked up the organ, walked out with my keys in my hand, and drove 50+ miles to a shopping mall to do my Christmas shopping. When I went to get out of the car at the mall I realized I didn't have my purse with me. It was sitting on the floor behind the organ! I very carefully drove the 50 miles back home. One block from the church I got into an accident.

The other driver ended up paying more fines that I did. He didn't have his license with him either, and he had two kids in the car, none of them wearing seat belts.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really nice!

We will do that sometimes for the people that shop at my store every day, cause we know they will be back and appreciate it alot. Things like that just make the rest of the day so much better and sweet.